Getting the best deck chair makes it possible to bring your living room outdoors. This means you don’t have to put up with plastic chairs that are uncomfortable. Moreover, they are very unpleasant to look at. Chances are you’ve experienced a bit of shame bringing out plastic chairs when you have company over.
In contrast, deck chairs come in a wide variety of designs. But generally, today’s deck chairs are made with your comfort in mind. In addition, they are designed for durability. So you don’t have to worry that your deck chair will give way or break. What’s more, because they’re meant to stay outdoors, deck chairs are specially treated so they don’t rust or corrode from exposure to the elements.
Yet the numerous options also makes it harder to decide which one is really the best deck chair that will satisfy your needs. So, in your confusion, you might end up unhappy with your choice. To keep this from happening and to make sure you end up happy with your purchase, we highlight the top products for deck chairs. These will give you a good idea of the best deck chairs the market has to offer you.
Coleman Aluminum Deck Chair
The Coleman Aluminum deck chair is the ideal chair for the outdoors. Hence, it’ll fit in perfectly in your backyard. Get several pieces and set them up when company comes over. On the other hand, they’re portable so you can take them with you when you go camping with family or friends.
Its construction is sturdy and can support up to 225 pounds. So, feel free to sit comfortably without worrying that it’s going to give way. In addition, the fabric is weather resistant so you can leave it out even if it rains.
The Coleman Aluminum deck chair is equipped with a side table that has a built-in cup holder. Now, that’s convenience as you don’t have to balance everything on your lap while eating outside. The product measures 31.2 x 21.1 x 8.5 inches and weighs 7.1 pounds.
Wise Folding Deck Chair
The Wise Folding deck chair is both sturdy and stylish. Its frame is made of 16 Gauge Brite Dipped Anodized Aluminum. For added stability, it’s designed with eight legs so your seat is secured. It also has a locking Bracket in the rear. Indeed, you don’t have to worry about falling over if your child bumps into you. As an added bonus, the frame is resistant to corrosion.
It’s foam padded so you sit comfortably. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about taking it outdoors. Its padded cushion is covered with heavy-duty vinyl that’s mildew resistant and UV treated. In addition, it won’t scratch your floors because it has rubber leg caps. The product measures 30 (H) x 26(W) x 24 (D) inches. The chair is easy to assemble.
Best Choice Products SKY2253 Outdoor Patio Lawn Deck Foldable Adirondack Wood Chair
You certainly get a classic look for your backyard with the Best Choice Products SKY2253 Outdoor Patio Lawn Deck Foldable Adirondack Wood Chair. It’s comfortable and stylish. But beyond its good looks, this Adirondack Chair is strong and built to withstand any weather condition.
Compared to other deck chairs, the Adirondack Chair is ergonomically designed for comfort. So, you can simply sit, lean back on the long backrest, and relax for as long as you want. For added convenience, the chair folds easily and can be kept in storage. Alternatively, you can fold and bring it with you if you plan to go camping or boating.
A bit of assembly work is necessary when you receive the Adirondack Chair. But you don’t have to scrounge around for hardware or tools. Everything you need is provided for. The product measures 30.5 x 28 x 35 inches and weighs 18.8 pounds. It can up to 350 pounds.
Merax Lounge Chair Zero Gravity Deck Chair Folding Reclining Patio Chair
The Merax Lounge Chair Zero Gravity Deck Chair Folding Reclining Patio Chair comes in a set of 2. So, imagine you and your better half sitting outside in matching deck chairs watching the sun go down. But beyond a great deal of 2 chairs for the price of 1, you also get quality.
It’s steel frame can easily support up to 250 pounds. The fabric is called textiline that is commonly used for outdoor furniture. So, you’re assured it’s resistant to various weather conditions.
The Merax Lounge Chair also allows you to stretch out for a more comfortable stay outdoors. Moreover, you won’t strain your neck because its headrest comes with a pillow.
The product measures 26.5 x 45 x 36.2 inches and weighs 33 pounds. Its folded size for transport or storage is 36 x 26 x 6 inches.
Best Choice Products Wicker Rocking Chair
The Best Choice Products Wicker Rocking Chair is certainly not your grandmother’s rocking chair despite its wicker construction. To begin with, it’s more stylish with its brown color and weather-resistant red cushions. It’s steel frame guarantees stability. Moreover, it’s rust resistant.
The product comes with instructions to help you put it together after you open the package. Nonetheless, your efforts will be worth it once you’re done and the Best Choice Products Wicker Rocking Chair is on your deck.
A word of caution, this chair will likely make you the talk of the town. So get ready to receive more visitors who want to drop by and see it for themselves.
The product measures 24 x 28.5 x 38 inches and weighs 26.3 pounds. It is also available in brown with green cushions. Both models come with a small pillow that’s both decorative and functional. You can use it to support your neck or lower back while seated.
What to look for
When buying a deck chair, it’s best to keep the following factors in mind. These will help you narrow down your choices to a select few. In no time, you’ll be able to trim it down the list to your final pick. So, you’ll get to spend more time enjoying your deck chair in your backyard rather than becoming frustrated by your uncertainty.
- Material – Your deck chair should be made of a material that’s durable and highly resistant to various weather conditions. Historically, the deck chair was a frame with canvas. The canvas was only made of cotton or linen. Nowadays, this material would not hold up when placed outdoors for a long period. Hence, the materials used for today’s deck chairs are weather-proofed and stronger. You can have your pick of a padded deck chair. Just make sure the material is treated so that it’s resistant to mildew. This same goes if you opt for the non-padded deck chair. Be sure to check if the material is properly treated so it won’t wear out at once.
- Construction – Today’s deck chairs can easily support weights from 250 pounds to 350 pounds. This is because they’re constructed using steel or aluminum. However, make sure to check if these are rust-resistant. Wood such as fir wood and teak are still popular choices because of their natural finish. Compared to earlier wooden deck chairs, the wood used today is more hardy.
- Style – The designs of today’s deck chairs are varied such as the basic folding chairs, to the Adirondack style, and then camp chairs. The frame of a folding deck chair is typically made of aluminum. The Adirondack deck chair features a classic style that’s specifically intended for the outdoors. This is typically made of solid wood. Hence, its great popularity. Camp chairs are similar to folding chairs as they also have an aluminum frame.
- Care – Like any piece of furniture, deck chairs also require maintenance. Perhaps even more because they are exposed to the elements constantly. Check the manufacturer’s instructions on the best practices to keep your deck chair looking good. However, this information is not always available. As a rule, you can use mild detergent and water to clean wooden or plastic deck chairs. However, aluminum or steel chairs that already show signs of rust require greater attention. You’ll need to scrape off the rust using sandpaper then wash with mild detergent and rinse off with water.
- Portability – Deck chairs are meant to be portable. This means you can fold it and take it with you if you plan to go camping. However, bear in mind the weight of some chairs can be considerably heavy and might not be as portable as you’d hope for. Moreover, their size when folded might take up too much space at the back of your vehicle.
- Price – Design is not the only factor that varies when it comes to deck chairs. Price also varies as you can expect to find products that are cheap, reasonable, and very expensive. So, how much are you willing to pay for the best deck chair?
Buying the best deck chair doesn’t need to be a big problem. As long as you keep in mind the following factors to help you in your search, namely, material, construction, style, care, portability, and price. To help you further, here are the top choices for deck chairs you might want to check out.