- Satechi Portable Aluminum Bluetooth Wireless 26-Key Keypad and Calculator Keyboard Extension
- Razer Orbweaver Chroma – Elite RGB Mechanical Switches Gaming Keypad
- iHome USB Numeric Keypad (IMAC-A210S)
- Jelly Comb Portable Slim Mini Number Pad
- iClever IC-KP02 2.4G Wireless Ultra Slim Numeric Keypad
- What to Look For
The rise of computers led to more opportunities in the society. Computers are invented in the 19th century to help people on their daily tasks. Computers have been created with a special program and a processing unit that can store files, analyze mathematical problems, and a wide range of other tasks.
Since the 19th century, computers are used in our everyday living. It has even evolved into different designs and features, that can suit each user’s needs. Today, we now have a fast, lightweight, and portable computers that we can carry wherever we go.
Computers have different types based on sizes such as a supercomputer, minicomputer, microcomputer, personal computer, and main computer. One of the most popular personal computers is the laptop. Laptops have combined the features of a desktop computer into a single unit. People loves it because it is mobile and easy to operate. It functions in a wide range of office and school work such as accounting, drafting plans, and even lay-outing designs.
Sometimes laptop fans aren’t satisfied with its keyboard features, especially for those who usually deal with numbers. It doesn’t have a keypad, unlike personal computers. Keypad functions as a calculator. Luckily, there are now keypads available that can be connected with USB. Check out this keypad in the market that you can avail:
Satechi Portable Aluminum Bluetooth Wireless 26-Key Keypad and Calculator Keyboard Extension
Are you looking for a Bluetooth keypad? Then try the Satechi Portable keypad. Satechi is a company founded in 2015 in San Diego, California. Their company specializes in providing wireless and Bluetooth products. Some of their products are speakers, keypads, remote controls, and other accessories.
Their keypad can be connected by Bluetooth 3.0 which is compatible with any computers. It has a wireless connection meaning it doesn’t need any USB cord to function. It has a big 12-digit display on its screen, which can be mobilized as a calculator on your work. It has 9 calculator hotkeys and backspace. Overall, the keypad has 26 keys.
This product requires 2 AAA batteries to function. The keypad is coated in aluminum which is suitable for your Apple computers. The product dimension is 6.1″ x 0.9″ x 3.7″ and weighs about 5.3 ounces only. This is a perfect partner for those who are always on the go, so check this one now!
Razer Orbweaver Chroma – Elite RGB Mechanical Switches Gaming Keypad
Are you looking for a keypad with backlight? Then you can try the Razer Orbweaver Chroma keypad. Razer is founded in 1998 in the United States. The company focuses on providing hardware, software, and other gaming accessories such as a mouse, keyboard, headsets, and keypads.
This keypad of Razer is available in two styles which are mechanical and membrane. This is a perfect keypad for gamers! It has 30 keys and thumb pad which can be manipulated in eight different ways. It has also Chroma backlights that can be customized in 16.8 million options. It measures 2.17″ x 6.06″ x 7.95″ or 55 mm x 154 mm x 202 mm.
This keypad has an adjustable hand and thumb option which gives comfort to all gamers. It has also ‘synapse’ or saving option to remember your customized keypad experience. The customize option or lay-out can be saved in the cloud too. The product dimension is 8.1″ x 6.1″ x 2.2″ and weighs about 10.6 ounces only. If you would love to have gaming marathons, then you must try this keypad now!
iHome USB Numeric Keypad (IMAC-A210S)
The next product to try is the iHome USB numeric keypad. iHome is a company established in 2005 which specializes in providing consumer electronics. Some of their products are clocks, speakers, headphones, tablets, phones, and smart home products. Their products are not just the traditional home products, but these are digitized and compatible with Android and Apple portable devices.
This keypad can be easily connected to USB on your computer. It has LED power indicator that signals that the keypad is functioning, as you plug it in your computer. The cord measures about 34 inches only. The keypad is coated with aluminum and it compliments the design and color of your Apple netbook. It is slim and lightweight. Its product dimension is 5″ x 3.5″ x 0.8″ and weighs about 3.8 ounces only.
If you would like to have a simple yet very durable keypad on your work or studies, then you can try iHome’s keypad!
Jelly Comb Portable Slim Mini Number Pad
Are you looking for a silent and not sticky keypad? Then you can try the Jelly Comb portable slim mini number pad. Jelly Comb provides quality electronics in the market. Some of its products are keyboards, mouses, speakers, headphones, chargers, and other accessories.
This keypad is available in black and blue, and pure black. It is ‘plug and play’ which means you just need to plug it in a USB cable then it will function. There are drivers to install. The keypad has a NumLock or Numeric Lock which can change some of the function of the keys. The NumLock feature is indicated by the LED light above the keypad. Its dimension is 5.3″ x 3.5″ x 1.7″ and it weighs about 4.8 ounces only.
The keypad also features quiet and soft touch which reduces strain on the buyer’s arms. This is great for those who work in long spreadsheets and any other financial matters. Furthermore, this keypad is compatible with Windows Operating Systems (O.S.).
iClever IC-KP02 2.4G Wireless Ultra Slim Numeric Keypad
Are you looking for a wireless keypad? Then you can try the iClever IC-KP02 2.4G keypad. iClever has been founded in 2010 by two young professionals who are computer enthusiasts. Some of their products include chargers, headphones, keypads, and other accessories.
The keypad is wireless and it comes with a built-in Li-ion battery. You can handle it even if you are 10 meters or 33 feet away from your computer. The IC-KP02 keypad has 2.4 GHz operating frequency, which means that it can’t be intercepted. It has 18 buttons which are shaped as concave for easy and comfortable input. This product is easy to use, you just plug it in USB then a LED indicator will display and then you can now utilize it. You can charge it for 2 to 3 hours and have it for around 90 hours. It also has an auto-sleep function which hibernates if you have not handled it in 30 minutes. This will enable to save energy of your gadget too.
The product measures 6.6″ x 5.4″ x 0.9″ and weighs about 5.6 ounces only. The is available in black color only. This keypad can be operated in whatever assignment that you have. It is lightweight and can be utilized in whatever assignment that you have, so why not give this a try?
What to Look For
Keypads come in different sizes, designs, and shapes. You might get overwhelmed with the choices in the market. To get you guided, here are some of the general features to look for when buying keypads in your next shop:
- Connectivity-The first feature to look for is the connectivity options. The easiest way to connect a keypad is through a USB cable. Keypads nowadays are usually ‘plug and play’ with no extra software needed to install. With a USB keypad, there will be no extra batteries needed to buy. Meanwhile, there are some who prefer wireless keypad because it is fast and free from lags. If you want no cables on your desk, then you can opt to buy a wireless keypad. It transmits data to your computer through Bluetooth or a USB receiver. You just need to buy keypad with Bluetooth connection and a battery, then you’re ready to go. Bottomline, choose a product that is suitable for you.
- Key switches-The second feature to look for is the key switches. You can opt to buy a silicone dome switches that has a soft feel as you touch each keypad. You can also opt mechanical switches that have a spring beneath the keys. This is durable and long-lasting than any other key switches.
- The purpose of keypad- It is also important to determine where would you need the keypad. Different products come for different purposes. For example, there are a different set of keypads for work and standard use in comparison to gaming. Gaming Keypads have intimidating backlights and dramatic color schemes.
- Ergonomics- The last feature to check out is the ergonomics or the efficiency while using the product. Choose products that can allow you to put your arm, hands, and fingers in a neutral position as you operate it. This will give you comfort and will reduce stress in your body parts. Some of the keypad offers a padded arm or wrist rest, rubber bottom, and other intrinsic designs.
In a nutshell, people enjoy using computers because it makes their lives easier. It aids them in their studies and in their work too. It bridges people from different parts of the country and makes this world a better place to live in.
Laptops are the best gadget we can have nowadays. To activate an awesome experience using your laptop, it must also have other accessories such as a keypad. Make sure to check the products above and the general features to look for when buying a keypad. You might need it in the future, especially now that the world is becoming competitive and hi-tech!