Ask any homemaker about what they consider the most important safety gear for cleaning and they’ll almost always tell you it’s the kitchen gloves. The humble kitchen gloves are sadly often times not given much considerable thought when being purchased. Although it is widely recognized as one of the most versatile items in the home, it is often times quickly dismissed as soon as it is let go. However people forget that kitchen gloves are their direct line of defense against harsh cleaning chemicals used around the house.
But the common kitchen gloves are actually quite special. They aren’t exactly just exclusively used for kitchen sprucing. Nowadays you can find a pair of kitchen gloves for almost every activity in the home that requires direct protection from soil to harmful chemicals. Manufacturers have responded to the demand and have produced improved versions that feature special innovative designs. At first glance they may just seem ordinary and similar to every other kitchen gloves stacked along with it in the market, but we’re here to show you that this is far from the truth.
True Blues Ultimate Household Gloves
If you want the absolute best value for your money then this product is for you. The True Blues Ultimate Household Gloves is one of the most popular kitchen gloves available in the market for a reason. Weighing 6.7 ounces, these gloves are thick yet very flexible and could last for a very long time if properly cared for. The fit is true to size that starts as snug but eventually adjusts to the user’s hand. The product is made of tough vinyl shell with a 100% cotton seamless liner that makes it really comfortable to use.
It is also durable and being latex free it doesn’t crack even when machine washed while constantly providing amazing grip and dexterity.
Mr. Clean 243032 Bliss Premium Latex-Free Gloves
This next product has been getting great response and rightfully so. You need only to try putting it on to figure out how the Mr. Clean 243032 Bliss Premium Latex-Free Gloves lives up to its name. Weighing a mere 1.6 ounces, this product has a 12” cuff length that comes in different sizes and is also Phthalate free which makes it a wonderful alternative to rubber latex gloves. It also sports an embossed palm design with textured pattern for maximum dexterity and grip. You won’t be able to deny the unbelievable cloud-soft lining within the gloves that makes it so comfortable to use and stands out from other products.
You’ll have to try it to know why consumers are raving about its soft smooth feel that makes it so easy to use.
Casabella Premium Water Stop Gloves
Always having problems with wet hands and sleeves from normal everyday kitchen glove design? Housekeeping doesn’t have to be dull and messy. Stay in style while still performing your best with the Casabella Premium Water Stop Gloves. It’s uniquely patented design features extra long cuffs that’s turned up to catch stray drips and keep the insides of your kitchen gloves dry and comfortable. It also comes with cotton flock lining for easy put-on and removal.
The durable 100% natural latex is built to last for years and the textured palm design makes for added safety and ensures maximum grip. The product weighs 3.2 ounces and is available in various sizes for better fit.
Mr. Clean 243093 Duet Reusable Latex Gloves
The manufacturers of Mr. Clean kitchen gloves have truly got down the design of their products to an art form. You only need to look at this particular version to already know that it’s been built with efficiency in mind. The Mr. Clean 243093 Duet Reusable Latex Gloves will automatically inspire you to clean at your absolute best. The cotton flock lining is absorbent and smooth to help keep you dry and comfortable throughout your task while the embossed texture at the palm and fingers area ensures easy grip manageability.
The product weighs 4 ounces and sports a 13” cuff length that you can turn up to catch excess dripping water that might get into the gloves. It is brilliantly designed at a very affordable cost.
Playtex Prod 06306 Living Small Household Rubber Glove
Are you looking for maximum safety that’s great on the budget? Then this product might just be the right one for you. The Playtex Prod 06306 Living Small Household Rubber Glove was designed to protect you from your household’s toughest chemical cleaning agents. This product boats of 3 layers of protection made out of latex, nitrite, and neoprene for utmost safety against harsh chemicals and extreme temperatures. The cuffs are long enough to be folded for a reliable drip catch function, while the secure grip pattern at the hands itself makes for better dexterity and handling.
Most of all, just in case the it becomes unavoidable for the insides to get wet, the ultra fresh anti- microbial protection fights off the growth of bacteria and mildew and also prevents from living a rubbery odor on your hands after use.
What to Look For
It is so easy to get overwhelmed with the choices once you start taking seriously the task of choosing the right kitchen gloves for you. You’d be surprised at the number of factors that you need to consider if you really want durable kitchen gloves that fit your lifestyle. You’ll find that there are quite a few so roll up your sleeves and let’s begin.
- Consider your purpose for buying. It may be commonly called kitchen gloves but in truth, these gloves can be used for almost any cleaning activity. Having the correct type of gloves for a certain activity ensures that it will be able to do its job of protecting your hands from harm. The materials used for gloves are dependent on its purpose as having to be protected against moisture and heat is different from having to be protected from chemicals. Using inappropriate gloves run the risk of infection and contamination to your hands.
- Check for the materials and composition. Kitchen gloves are generally made out of rubber with additional lining to protect users from exposure to harmful cleaning chemicals and moisture. However there are a few other options available. For example, there are now latex free kitchen gloves in the market for those whose skin is sensitive to latex. The alternative would be hypo allergenic PVC gloves that serve the same purpose but without the risk of allergy bouts. There are also the vinyl types that’s cheaper and allergy free while Nitrile gloves are for serious housekeeping jobs that requires the use of harsher chemicals like oils, solvents and strong detergents.
- Look for an appropriate size design. Like the rest of its characteristics, the kitchen glove designs are meant to compliment its purpose to assure the user’s safety. Extra long kitchen gloves reach up to just below the elbow and are normally used for drains and extra deep sinks found in commercial kitchens. Heavy duty ones are designed to be longer lasting with an embossed, anti slip design to provide extra grip for more challenging tasks. There are also gloves that have flock lining to provide heat protection. In addition, not all gloves fit the same, for the same reason that not all users have the same size, so it is important to make sure that your preferred gloves are available in the size that you require.
- Dexterity is efficiency. Dexterity here refers to the control of the movement of your hands while using your gloves. The level of dexterity provided by kitchen gloves is a very important aspect to consider since it determines performance and efficiency. The materials used highly influences the dexterity level in kitchen gloves and are often times compensated by additional grip features. The lesser the fit and flexibility, the less dexterity is available.
- Value for money. Another thing to consider before purchasing is if the price is worth the value you are paying for. Heavy duty kitchen gloves, while a little more expensive, are reusable and not as easily cut or chaffed. Disposable ones are inexpensive. Are they dishwasher safe? It is also good to know if the gloves are sold in packs of more than one pair as you will actually need more than one pair. Kitchen gloves used to wash dishes should be different from the ones used to clean other surfaces to avoid cross contamination.
With all the available options in the market, there is no excuse not to find kitchen gloves that would suit your needs. The importance of using correct gloves for cleaning tasks is crucial as they greatly ease the job at hand. Not only do kitchen gloves safeguard your hands, it also ensures the health and safety of our loved ones. Also, you will need more than one pair of kitchen gloves to purchase. Ideally, kitchen gloves can be color coded depending on its purpose to ensure that there is no risk of using one pair on something else other than where it is intended for. The guide above and the list of the most popular kitchen gloves in the market should be able to give you a good place to start.