Table of Contents
- Jerusalem: A Cookbook
- Joy of Kosher: Fast, Fresh Family Recipes
- Spice and Spirit: The Complete Kosher Jewish Cookbook (A Kosher living classic)
- Secret Restaurant Recipes From the World’s Top Kosher Restaurants
- Bubbe and Me in the Kitchen: A Kosher Cookbook of Beloved Recipes and Modern Twists
- What to Look For
Food has not just been a need for survival to us humans but now it has also become a luxury. We really do love and appreciate food that we do our best to create more and more delicious combinations of meals or ingredients just to bring out the best of what we have.
Of course, we can’t just do all the innovation alone. It is also good to try and learn from the experts. I know we all look up to someone for inspiration to learn more and of course when it comes to cooking, it would only be ideal and wonderful to get ourselves cook books that are written by the most qualified authors. Through this, we see, learn, and love new dishes as we try our best to do it well so we can share it with our family or with the people that we love.
Kosher cuisine is unique and is an absolute stand out. In order for us to learn more and try it out for our selves, we can easily get the available cookbooks. We see through culture and from a different perspectives, even the stories are told to us by the authors. If you are excited for that, then I would recommend that you should take a look at this list. We give to you the best Kosher cook books that you can find today.
Jerusalem: A Cookbook
Written by Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi, this cookbook is just like no other. It shares the colorful dishes and the wonderfully tasty cuisine of their city- their home; with its diverse Jewish, Muslim, and Christian community. This item gives details of one hundred and twenty recipes which offers unique touch to your tongue.
It starts with the delicious vegetables and goes through sweet and delicious desserts. The collaboration between Ottolenghi and Tamimi has indeed resulted into a very personally touched and well thought cook book.
Joy of Kosher: Fast, Fresh Family Recipes
With 384 pages, this cook book features the best dishes are shared by Jamie Keller. Each of them, as luscious as they seem, are actually not that difficult to make because of the well written instructions. The ingredients on the other hand are quite accessible and easy to get too.
The book measures 7.4 x 1.2 x 9.1 inches but it’s not just about the technicality. This one is actually very friendly and warm that it almost feels like you are learning the dishes from a family or within the circle of the family. You will not just learn something but you will feel the fun and the love in every dish.
Spice and Spirit: The Complete Kosher Jewish Cookbook (A Kosher living classic)
This cook book will give you quite the range of foods and dishes. It would not just tell and share you the traditional recipes but actually also the contemporary ones. Measuring 1.2 x 8.8 x 11.2 inches and having a whopping pages of 575, you will certainly get to try lots of meals. You will never regret getting this cook book.
Secret Restaurant Recipes From the World’s Top Kosher Restaurants
Authored by Victoria Dwek and Leah Schapira, this Kosher cook book will definitely give something to offer. Since these two authors are best sellers of a cook book series, it is no wonder that this one would be the same too. This book will give in details of the delicious meal that comes from the high end elegant ones and to the most flavorful traditional homely taste.
Surely with this, you will learn something new that you would absolutely love. The recipes are family friendly and the ever kept secrets are revealed just for you. The book measures 9.2 in x 9.1 in x 1 inches and it contains 288 pages. It’s just the right number for all of the dishes that you’d be excited to learn.
Bubbe and Me in the Kitchen: A Kosher Cookbook of Beloved Recipes and Modern Twists
This another Kosher cook book will not just list to you the usual recipes. Actually, every meal and recipe is reinvigorated with a bit of reinvention in order to bump up a bit of what is already a great dish. In here, tales of the culinary culture and the future is shared by the author Miri Rotkovitz. She is a writer who specializes in food, recipe developing, and is also a dietitian.
With 262 pages in total, this cook book gives more than a hundred of recipes that reflects the diverse cuisine of Mizrahi, Ashkenazi, and Sephardi. This item would be such a wonderful choice for personal keeping or as personal collection, or it can also be perfect as gifts. Either way, I’m sure you’ll appreciate getting this cook book and whosoever would receive it.
What to Look For
I know that it is not easy to go and find the things that we are looking for. I also know that this doesn’t necessarily just apply with or about the big things in life but even with the simplest of things- like getting your self the smallest items that we want and need, like buying a cook book. So, in order to help you, we have tried to come up with a list of things that you have to check and remember in getting one for your self or as a gift for someone else.
- Recipes – Of course, the only reason in getting a cook book is the will and the want to learn how to cook and make new dishes. It would only make perfect sense that you have to at least check the recipes that is featured in the book.
- Quantity – In here, we refer to the number of recipes in the book. Some of you may prefer just a few so it is easier to learn and absorb while others would love such of a great bundle. Deciding which is which would depend on you.
- Pages – The number of pages in a book does not necessarily mean that it is equal with the number of recipes too. If having a book with too much number of pages might become a burden to you, then maybe thinner is way ideal- or vice versa.
- Images – It is also possible that the images in every book differs. Some cook books may not have that much photos to see as a reference while other cook books would have a photo for almost ever instruction of a recipe. If a photo for each step in cooking a specific dish would help you a lot and would certainly make a difference, then don’t hesitate to opt it. But somehow, there are also others who prefer a single image for each recipe so that it is more compact, and sometimes they even prefer it without the photo at all. Do check this feature if you are particular with visual aid.
- Author – All of this boils down to the author. There are lots and lots of awesome chefs and foodies that we can absolutely trust. Of course, some of us might also have a specific persona whom we adore and look up to. If ever you’re a student and you’re wishing and wanting to become the same with the greatest chefs around the world, then I’m sure that it would benefit you a lot if you can check the author of the cook book. In all honesty, the only way for us to learn delicious dishes and maybe to learn traditionally truthful recipes is to check it based on whoever the source is. In this case, the author of the cook book.
I would really say that I am certain, that none of us humans will ever ever say that we don’t like food. We can survive on almost anything as long as we can eat it safely but being able to make the best out of it just makes food a luxury. With this; we have to admit that food is not freely manufactured or just easily given. The human life cycle does not simply involve consuming food and just eating constantly without the need to work for it or at least put an effort.
Now just imagine a dish that went through complex preparation and lots of mixture of ingredients just to create the flavor— the possibility of something new is limitless. In order for us to enjoy the luxury of a dish, we also have to learn how to do it on our own by learning from the best.
This is where cook books are made for, learning. If there’s is something that I have learned when I was still studying it’s that, learning can either be such a burden or a joy. The choice is yours when you are actually interested and willing to try and understand new things. Cooking should not be a burden and it should be a joy. It is a daily routine, a basic need in life that we have to learn. Being able to try new dishes and cook for your self or for your family is something that we should definitely enjoy. Hopefully, you also get to enjoy picking the best cook book for you so that you can keep on cooking excellently!