The preservation of documents and photos are important. It can be used as a proof of evidence in investigating cases. Teachers preserve their projects so they can save money by using the same learning material each year. Others just love the idea of keeping an important document for a long such as wedding certificate and pictures, because it brings good memories.
The history of preserving materials started in earlier traditions. Libraries all over the world would pay a huge amount of money to prolong their records. But the science of preservation of record changed with the advent of lamination. Lamination is a technique of applying heat and pressure to a material to create a protective layer. This protective layer can prevent your documents and photos from water spills, dust, fingerprints, and even color fading.
There are different kinds of materials used in laminating and one of which is the laminating pouches. These pouches are designed for convenient use in the office or even at home. It is a plastic film with a seal on the other side and it can be run in a laminating machine.
Check out some of the best laminating pouches available in the market:
Scotch Thermal Laminating Pouches
Are you looking for a product that can be used for certificates, awards, signages, calendars, and artwork? Then you can try the Scotch thermal laminating pouches. The Scotch brand has been around since 1930 and it specializes in school and office supplies such as glue, laminating, scissors, tape, and fasteners.
This thermal laminating pouch is available in 20, 50, 100, and 200 packs. It is coated with a thermal adhesive that can stick to the desired surface such as a photo or a document. Its dimensions are 8.9″ x 11.4″ with about 3 mil of thickness. It can fit letter size document or 8.5″ x 11″. You can use it any size of project and just trim its excess.
It aims to protect important documents, photos, artwork or any project that you have and keep it for a long time. It can be easily used with any laminating machines, so be sure to try one now!
AmazonBasics Thermal Laminating Pouches
The next item to check is the AmazonBasics thermal laminating pouches. Amazon also launched a set of products on its site, so consumers won’t spend most of their time researching for basic products such as pencils, papers, dog food, cable wires, and even laminating pouches. The products are also of good quality and affordable price.
One of which is the laminating pouch. This thermal pouch measures 8.9″ x 11.4″ and 3 mil thick. It can laminate letter or legal size paper and the package comes with 100 pouches. The product is sealed in a recyclable box which is very easy to open and it doesn’t include excess packaging items such as bubble wraps, clamshell casings, and other bindings.
You can use this laminating pouch with any laminators. It is safe to use for photos and seal essential documents. You can also try this one for business cards and signages too!
Crystal Clear Universal Thermal Laminating Pouches
If you are looking for a product which has twice value than other brands, then you can try the Crystal Clear universal thermal laminating pouches. This item is sold by the Optimum trading corporation and it can be used in any projects such as awards, certificates, signages, brochures, and much more.
This item is available in 200 pieces which have quality laminating output. It measures 9″ x 11″ and can be used in any laminating machines. Unlike any other product, this item has rounded corners for easy lamination,
Indeed, the product creates crystal clear output to your project, just like its brand name!
Apache Crystal Clear Universal Thermal Laminating Pouches
Another universal thermal laminating pouch to check is the Apache brand. Apache specializes in laminating pouches, hose, rubber parts for your home or work, and other accessories. Thermal laminating passes through heat which reduces time and effort in the process.
This laminating pouch is available in 100 and 300 packs. It measures 9″ x 11.5 ” and can accommodate standard US paper size which is 8.5″ x 11″. The pouch is 3 mil thick as well. It can be used by any laminating machines and it creates crystal clear output on any project.
Thermal laminating pouches are flexible, cheap, and can be easily done so try one now for your next project.
Universal Office Products Clear Laminating Pouches
The Universal Office Products clear laminating pouches is the best product to try for your business cards. The Universal Office Products has been providing the society with school and office supplies for almost 13 years. They offer wide range of products such as stationery, furniture, and computers supplies.
This laminating pouch is available in 2, 2 1/4 x 3 3/4, 3, and 4 packs. It can be used with any laminating machines. It can bond well any cards with light to medium prints in it.
This item can be able to resist extreme temperature in laminating machines. It can protect your business cards too from any mess. If you are an entrepreneur with a wide variety of services to offer, maybe you’d like to invest in a Universal Office Products clear laminating pouches!
What to Look For
The above-mentioned items are some of the laminating pouches that you can try. These films are pre-cut and they sometimes come in different sizes and shapes. To save your time, money, and effort; orient yourself with the following general features in your next shop:
- Thickness- The laminating pouches we have nowadays is measured by ‘mil’ or thousandths of an inch. The thickness of the laminating film depends on the project of the user. Thicker laminating films have higher mil, which means the output will be more rigid. Laminating pouches are usually 1.5 to 10 mil. Pouches with 7 mil to 10mil will have sturdy laminating output, meanwhile, 5 mil films will be more flexible. Always read the label so you will be always guided.
- Sealing process- The laminating pouch can be classified into heat sealed and pressure sensitive. Heat sealed films or thermal films require heat in the process and it is the common laminating films nowadays. It uses a laminating machine which you can use at home or at work. On the other hand, pressure sensitive films or cold pouch film doesn’t need any laminator to seal your project. It can stick on the document on its own or it is self-adhesive. You can choose any of the two types of films, depending on your need.
- Size- There are many different shapes and sizes for laminating pouches. The most common products are letter size which is 8″ x 11″ and you can opt to buy this one. If you are having small projects, you can cut the laminating film and keep it for your next print-out. Pouch films are also available in legal, photo, wallet, ID and other document sizes. Choosing the right size will enable you to seal your project properly.
- Color- The second feature to check is the color of the laminating pouch. It is available in different colors such as red, blue, green, yellow, and transparent. The widely used color is clear or transparent, so you can see the print or material that you have laminated. Choose a color that matches your project.
- Surface- Laminating pouches comes also with a different surface such as glossy and matte. Matte laminating films are writable and it has low-glare compared to glossy films. Glossy films, on the other hand, can give a clearer image of the project. There are also sticky back laminating films, which are good for some projects too.
- Packs or pieces- It is also vital to determine how many packs or pieces of laminating film will you buy. If you are working on several laminating projects, then you can buy packs of 300 to 500 films. With this, you can be able to save money. But if you are just a starter, you can have a pack of 100 or less. Determining how much films you need is also helpful in the future.
- Price- Of course, the last determining factor is the price. The price laminating pouches nowadays range from $5 to $25. Buy products based on your need and your budget. Don’t go for overpriced products that offer the same quality because you’ll just waste your money with it.
In sum, more people are switching to lamination because of its durable output to their projects. It can protect their photos from fading its colors, it can help you show easily your material to the audience and of course, it can create a sturdy coating too. It is also easy to do and can take few minutes to finish. To get the best result, try the above-mentioned products and also take note of the general features so you will be guided in your shop.
With a laminating pouch, you can easily hang and decorate your laminated photos in your room soon. You can also display your art portfolios hassle-free in your galleries using laminating pouches. Indeed, our life becomes easy because of the different inventions we have nowadays such as these pouches, so try one now!