Gun holster s in general is an important accessory for gun users and gun collectors alike. It’s not only a means to carry a gun without having to use your hands; it’s also a way to ensure the safety of both the user and everyone around the person. It allows for the safe storage of your gun to protect it from harmful factors that can eventually degrade your unit’s efficiency and dependability. The range and variety available for this product is not that wide but everything that’s available in the market answers to very specific requirements.
Every gun user and gun collector at some point will consider purchasing leg holsters. Leg holsters are an alternative to the regular hip holsters in answer to function. There are a number of reasons why a person would choose a gun holster instead of the regular kind. They are ideal for gun users who wear body armor or a life vest. They are also the better option for use in vehicles when both hands are occupied. Some purchase leg holsters not for personal use but for collection or display. Whatever the purpose is, leg holsters are excellent investments for anyone.
UTG Special Ops Universal Leg Holster – Gen II
One of the most popular leg holsters available now in the market is the UTG Special Ops Universal Leg Holster Gen II. This product is made out of synthetic leather and weighs 0.9 ounces with a universal design that would fit most medium to large pistols, perfect for concealing but still maintain a high level of accessibility. It uses a double thumb break security system that allows you full control of your weapon. It’s designed with a deluxe non slip holster pad and a fully adjustable non-slip, elastic and removable leg strap for both comfort and maximum retention. For the price, this leg holster is as competitive as they come.
Condor Tornado Tactical Leg Holster
Great quality tactical leg holsters can be quite pricey but this product will surely prove to be the best value for your money. The Condor Tornado Tactical Leg Holster can hold medium to large weapons that would work perfectly for modified pistols. It also has a non slip, fully adjustable leg strap with a quick release buckle for those quick-draw action scenarios that gun users train for. It provides one magazine pouch held down by a secure and adjustable Velcro strap and a wrap around design that can fit units with laser or flashlight mounts.
UTG Elite Tactical Right Handed Leg Holster
Versatility has never been more affordable with the UTG Elite Tactical Right Handed Leg Holster. This handy package features a universal design holster plus an extra magazine pouch that fits for most medium to large frame weapons. The adjustable closure with thumb break security snugly secures any size of pistol holstered in. It uses a non-slip fully adjustable and removable belt hanger with an equally deluxe non-slip holster pad to give wide berth in customization and security.
UTG Extreme Ops 188 Tactical Leg Holster
Always remain ready and vigilant with this next generation leg holster complete with composite padding. The UTG Extreme Ops 188 Tactical Leg Holster comes in black and is made out of polyester, weighing 0.5 ounces. The sheath itself fits medium to large frame automatic weapons while an additional pouch is attached to carry extra magazines for continuous fire-fight action. This product combines maximum safety and the efficiency of tactical leg holster designs that keep guns in position with a fully adjustable height and tension. Its high quality Velcro strap and quick release buckle system keeps your weapon safe and always ready for anything.
UTG Elite Tactical Leg Holster (Left Handed)
Complete your tactical gear readiness by getting the matching left hand UTG Elite Tactical leg holster. Twice the versatility with the same affordable price, this product ensures that you have maximum security for any kind of event. This handy package features a universal design holster plus an extra magazine pouch that fits for most medium to large frame weapons. The adjustable closure with thumb break security snugly secures any size of pistol holstered in. It uses a non-slip fully adjustable and removable belt hanger with an equally deluxe non-slip holster pad to give wide berth in customization and security.
What to Look For
Various factors must be taken into account and affect a person’s decision in purchasing leg holsters. They are easily considered as safety equipment that protects both the user and gun alike. This is the reason why choosing the correct leg holster is very important to make sure it serves is purpose. The buyer must need to understand which type of leg holster is appropriate for his use. In general, a buyer must determine that the leg holster can give a level of performance and access that is expected from safety equipment for a weapon. Please consider the guide below before making your purchase.
- Purpose – before buying your leg holster, you need to identify the purpose for getting one. The required features of a holster changes as the purpose varies. Collectors would prefer holsters that are old and worn out, specifically authentic and determinable to have come from certain eras. On the other hand buyers who purchase leg holsters for practical purposes require quality grade items that doesn’t necessarily mean brand new. Military surplus items are known to be sturdy and reliable as well.
- Function – Once you are able to determine the purpose for which you are purchasing a leg holster, the next thing you would need to determine is the function. Each purpose can branch out to different functions. For buyers intending to collect or display their collectible leg holster, the expected function would just be to last inside a display case, while an item need only to look authentic and need not be that sturdy when it is to be used for historical re-enactments or as props. As for those who intend to put their item into practical use, leg holsters can function as a sheath for normal pistols, or will have room for additional accessories like spare magazines and equipment. There are also others that can carry modified pistols with additional features such as attached scope, lights or extended magazines.
- Materials – The variants for materials used to make leg holsters are either leather, plastic or nylon. If a buyer is concerned about concealing his or her weapon, the usual material ideal for such requirement is nylon. This material is more compact and flexible that it can easily mask the weapon without affecting your movement. Nylon texture can also blend better against clothing so the shape is hardly noticeable. Leather leg holsters are the choice of gun users who are not concerned with camouflaging their weapon. This type of material is the more durable kind and can easily support the weight of your gun and equipment which makes it more preferable for non military gun users.
- Design – The design of your leg holster greatly affects the accessibility and reliability for your weapon, thereby gauging the level of safety that it can provide. First off, where ever part of the leg you decide to strap your leg holster on, make sure that you are using a belt that’s sturdy and not easy to rip off from your leg. Ideally, something made of polymer and metal with loops. The guiding principle is to have a belt strap equally strong as the holster. As for the holster itself, it needs to have been processed in a proper synthetic mould. It should feature a strong latch system that will keep the holster firmly secured on your leg. It will also have to have a secure lock and a release mechanism to easily access your weapon when needed.
- Cost – Value for money will always have to be considered when purchasing any item. As such with leg holsters, the materials and design should account a huge portion of its cost. With the exception of collector item leg holsters with historical value, the price varies as the type of leather or nylon used changes. Also, leg holsters that provide special features should be a little pricey than its counterparts. As we always say, we can never put a price on one’s safety and in this case, each aspect of the product affects its reliability to perform its expected function so safety is affected as well. The availability of compatible accessories should also be considered.
When you think of leg holsters, you should immediately think of accessibility and safety which summarizes the general tone of the guide we have listed above. Due to the fact that this is an item that sets the safety of the user and everyone around, pricier ones can turn out to be the more sensible if it meets all the requirements for a reliable product so you shouldn’t dismiss those items outright. However there are also manufacturers whose products are inexpensive yet the perfect match to your needs.