Table of Contents
Cooking is one of the favorite hobbies of the majority of the people in the world. Cooking releases people’s anxieties and enables them to express their emotions. You don’t just serve food to your loved ones but you also make yourself happy. In cooking, you have the liberty to be yourself and show your hidden talents.
More people are investing time, effort and money at their kitchen wares nowadays. These inventions make cooking easy and inviting. In addition, it makes food preparation safe and healthy, so issues such as food poisoning will be avoided in the future. One of the most common kitchen tools is the spatula.Spatula comes in different kinds such as steel, metal, plastic and wood. It is used in mixing, spreading, lifting food ingredients, and any other activity in food preparation. This tool has been in our kitchens since 1500.
Metal spatulas have been the most popular spatulas since metal is the universal material in cooking. It doesn’t bend, doesn’t get scratched and it looks good. The metal spatulas have now evolved into stainless steel. Either way, both are the best types of metal spatulas.
Here are some metal spatulas that you can try on your next cooking session:
Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula
Do you like baking pastries for your home? Do you enjoy icing or decorating your cakes? Then, the Wilton spatula is just for you. The Wilton 409-7716 Angled Icing Spatula measures 13 inches and is made of stainless steel. The blade is flexible enough to allow you to put smooth icings on all sort of desserts. The ergonomic handle is easy to grip, it keeps icing out of your fingers and it is available in black color.
The spatula measures 13 x 1.1 x 1.1 inches and weighs about 3.5 ounces. It is from Japan, it is available in the US and can be shipped to other countries too. You can use it to put icing and frost on your cakes, muffins, and cupcakes. It can also be used in applying thick fillings between layers.
Planning on baking this weekend? You can try the Wilton spatula instead.
Dexter-Russell Pancake Turner
Are you a meticulous cook? Then the Dexter-Russell pancake turner is just right for you. You can control how you would like your food to be cooked with the Dexter-Russell spatula. This metal spatula is for cooking pancakes, omelets, crepes, toasts and other food.
The Dexter-Russell spatula measures 2.5 x 1.8 x 10.5 inches and weighs about 5 ounces. It is made up of high-quality stainless steel. It is thin and flexible; thus food can easily slide on it. In addition, the handle is made of walnut wood and can surely last for a long time.
The company has been around in the US for a long time and they have been producing quality cutlery for many years. There are so many things that you can do with the Dexter-Russell spatula, check it now and see for yourself!
Winco FST-6 Fish Spatula
Are you a seafood lover? Do you like cooking fish? Then, you can try the Winco FST-6 fish spatula. This metal spatula has 6.5-inch blade, its dimensions are 11.2 x 3.1 x 0.6 inches and weighs about 1.6 ounces. It is made of quality brushed stainless steel and the handle is also made of light wood that makes it easy to carry too.
What makes this metal spatula unique is that it can tolerate long hours of fish grilling. Aside from that, it can also act as a cutting tool to fishes in grilling bar and will never damage the part of the fish. It is easy to clean and it can last for a long time. The item is also made from China, available in the USA and can be shipped to other countries.
Grilling seafood can be fun and you can have this metal spatula in your next party!
Olive Rocket Offset Spatula Set
Do you want to bake with a complete set of tools? We got you covered. You can try the Offset spatula set by Oliver Rocket. The set includes 4 inches, 6 inches, and 8 inches blade metal spatula. You can use it in a variety of activities in food preparation that can make your dishes palatable!
This spatula is made up of stainless steel which can be used anytime, anywhere. Its handle is made of wood, very light yet considered to be heavy-duty. This metal spatula can cover big pastry activity or even the smallest one. It is used by professional chefs in some parts of the world, thus you can check out and try it too.
Indeed, a complete set of spatula will make your next baking hassle-free and fun!
Lifestyle Dynamics Stainless Steel Fish Spatula
Looking for a perfect gift? You can try the Stainless steel fish spatula of Lifestyle Dynamics. This spatula has 6.5-inch blade that can be used in various of activities such as grilling pork, frying little to big fish or even baking. This is a multi-purpose kitchen tool that all culinary experts will love to have!
This Lifestyle Dynamics spatula is made of stainless steel and can last long. It has a comfortable ergonomic handle too. Its dimension is 12 x 1 x 3 inches and weighs about 4.6 ounces only. It is easy to carry and the blade is flexible as well.
You can try this metal spatula and be amazed at the results it can offer you!
What to Look For
Now that you have read some of the metal spatulas available in the market, then it is time to check out for the basic guidelines of buying a spatula. This is important so you will be guided in your next shopping and you won’t waste money, time and effort.
- Spatula set-Decide if you want to have a metal spatula set or just an individual spatula. If you are cooking different kinds of dishes most of the week, then you might want to try to buy a set. A set of spatula can enable you to perform several activities in your kitchen precisely. It is not a bad thing to have several types of the spatula in your kitchen. After all, the different spatulas have various uses.
- Material- Look out for quality material for your spatula. The most common materials the market offers are wood, silicon, steel, rubber and stainless steel. Go for stainless steel or metal because this is helpful for your kitchen. It is corrosion resistance, ductile and durable.
- Design- The use of spatula vary of its shape and design. There are square, rectangle, and elongated spatulas. The most common design of spatula is elongated so ingredients won’t get stuck on the surface. There are also spatulas with holes and that is indeed great for frying. If you are in to mixing and folding ingredients, then you can opt to have spatulas which don’t have holes in it. Rectangular spatulas without holes in it are used in baking because ingredients blend easier. It is also used in applying icing or frosting in pastry products.
- Purpose- Apart from its design, be also aware of the spatulas’ purpose. Spatulas can be used for icing, frosting, grilling, mixing ingredients, lifting, turning and folding. Different spatulas are used in different purpose; with an exception to “all-purpose” spatulas available in the market. Spatulas’ purpose are sometimes indicated on their labels, so make sure you read it thoroughly.
- Price- Individual spatulas’ price range from $5 to $25. You can go for a set of a spatula if you think you can save few penny from it. Choose spatulas with reasonable price and quality. Do not spend too much on expensive products with questionable quality.
- Storage and Maintenance- The last guide in buying good spatula is to be aware of its storage and maintenance. Be aware of how spatulas must be cleaned. For example, stainless steel spatulas can be cleaned with clean soap and water only. Meanwhile, wooden and rubber spatula requires much cleaning and attention. Be also aware of how these spatulas can be stored so it will last a long time.
These are some of the features that you can check when buying metal spatulas. If you are not 100% sure of what exactly to buy, go ahead and consult with an expert.
In sum, food has been the universal language of almost all people in the world. That is why with the boom of food chains in the market, more and more people are attracted to cooking. Cooking must not be a burden to you and as a matter of fact, it must be relaxing. Don’t be afraid to get out of your comfort zone and learn things from the books, the internet or your friends. Enhance your knowledge and skills so the next dish you’ll serve will be enjoyed by everyone in the family.
Be sure to bear in mind some of the products and features to look out for when buying metal spatulas. If you’re cooking just to kill time or if you’re serious about becoming the best cook, then it is not bad to invest in little things such as a metal spatula.