Table of Contents
Art gives importance to our lives. It inspires us and releases your stress away. Meanwhile, art materials such as coloring pencils enable us to express our ideas in a paper in such a beautiful way.
Colored pencils are coloring materials that are oil or wax base. It was used since the Greek age up until now. Children, teacher, and professional artists use coloring pencils in their crafts. Kids own coloring pencils in their grade school days, artists use them to draft their work, and even instructors use them to illustrate their lesson materials. With a great demand in coloring pencils, it evolved to different types such as student grade, scholastic grade, mechanical, watercolor, pastel, and even metallic pencils.
Metallic colored pencils are used to give a shiny and metallic effect to your artwork. Some of its colors are silver, bronze, copper, blue, red, yellow, and gold. One needs to experiment with colors to create the desired effect of metallic pencils. Metallic colored pencils are used to fill in drawings, to give details and you can combine it with base colors to make it vivid and bold.
Check out some of the best metallic colored pencils in the market:
Faber-Castell 12 Count Metallic Colored EcoPencils
The first product to try is the metallic colored eco pencils of Faber-Castell. Faber-Castell has been providing quality art materials for professional, art enthusiasts, students, and instructors for many years. The company is founded in the 1700s and considered to be one of the oldest’ company to provide materials for artists all over the world. Their product includes graphite pencils, crayons, watercolor, sharpener, and others. The materials that they use are carbon neutral and eco-friendly.
These metallic colored pencils are 12 pieces and it gives an outstanding effect on dark paper. Some of the colors are different shades of gold, silver, bronze, and yellow. The colors also give a rich effect on the artwork that you have. The product dimension is 8″ x 0.2 ” x 3.5 ” and weighs about 2.9 ounces.
If you are looking for fun colors and great pigment, then the Faber-Castell metallic colored pencils are the right thing for you. Check this out immediately, just like how manga and animators use this metallic colored pencils!
Crayola 8ct Metallic FX Colored Pencils
Another product to try is Crayola metallic colored pencils. Crayola is popular with its ‘crayons’. It has been founded in 1885 starting with a pigment for industrial purposes then it shifted to creating artwork materials. Today, their focus is providing products for school and home use such as crayons, pencils, clay, and markers.
This metallic colored pencil has 8 various colors and it is a lead pencil. The colors include red, blue, bronze, purple, silver, and yellow. This can be used in any types of paper may it be dark, white, or assorted color. The product dimension is 0.4″ x 2.4″ x 8.4″ and weighs about 1.8 ounces.
Their pencils are pre-sharpened so you can use it right away after opening and it is also non-toxic. The materials are from reforested woods and it is eco-friendly. This product provides a shiny color to your artworks, so do give this a try!
Derwent Metallic Pencils (0700456)
Another metallic colored pencil to try is the Derwent metallic pencils. Derwent has been providing quality art materials for many years for both professionals and amateur artists. This company is based in the United Kingdom and their products provoke inspiration and creativity for artists! Some of their products are charcoal pencils, drawing pencils, markers, onyx pencils, water brushes, charcoal, and metallic pencils.
These metallic colored pencils are 12 pieces and their colors are gold, silver, bronze, blue, green, purple, red and pink. The pencils are pre-sharpened and stored in a box tin. You can reuse the tin box to store your old pencils and other crafts. The product dimension is 7.8″ x 0.6″ x 4.7″ and weighs about 6.9 ounces.
Lastly, these colored pencils are water-soluble, meaning it can be dissolved with water and mixed on your paper. The colors are bright and smooth too. This is a fun and colorful product to use so try one now!
OOLY, Modern Metallic Colored Pencils
To create better do-it-yourself (DIY) artworks, you can try the OOLY modern metallic colored pencils. International Arrivals changed its name to OOLY to better inspire people to explore and change for the best. Their products include different art materials and stationery such as crayons, pencils, markers, sharpeners, and even coloring books.
Their metallic colored pencil is available in a set of 12. The colors are gray, copper, blue, green, gold, and red. The pencils are sharpened or triangular in shape. The product dimension is 7″ x 0.5″ x 3.5″ and weighs about 3 ounces. It is packed in a clear transparent pouch.
If you are looking for a colored pencil to add sparkle and glitter in your artwork, then this might be very helpful to you!
Heartybay 12 Count Metallic Colored Pencils
Are you looking for acid-free metallic colored pencils? Then you can try the Heartybay metallic colored pencils. Heartybay has various art products which both professionals and beginners would love to own.
Their metallic colored pencil is available in 12 colors such as gold, silver, blue, purple, bronze, and red. It has a pH level of 6.5 to 8.0. The benefits of using an acid-free metallic colored pencil are, it will help maintain the artwork because it won’t fade and get ruined easily. The pencils are made from reforested wood and it is also acid-free. They have also used non-toxic materials and ingredients that have no benzene. The pencils are eco-friendly.
They also used black wood for this metallic pencils, thus it looks different with other products. If you are looking for a unique gift to your friends or office mates, you can have instead of this colored pencils for them!
What to Look For
The above-mentioned products are some of the items available in the market. We are often tempted to always buy a big set of colored pencils because it looks awesome. To save your time, money, and effort in finding metallic colored pencils, check out some of the general features to look for when buying:
- Binder type- The first feature to look out for is the binder type of the colored pencils. Binder is any material that aims to hold the pigment on the pencil so the user can easily apply it to any surface. In addition, the binder affects the condition of the core and the tip of the colored pencils. A wax binder allows the pencils to be layered on your artwork. However, wax binders cause the appearance of white surface on your drawing after few days. Another binder to choose is oil. Oil binders provide nice layers and vivid colors on your artwork. Whatever binders you choose, always remember to read the label.
- The quality of colored pencils– Choose metallic colored pencils that are rich in color, it can be layered or burnish easily and it doesn’t break easily. These qualities will help you in your constant use of colored pencils in all of your artwork. There are also other considerations to remember when choosing quality colored pencils, but these four are the most important one.
- Price- Metallic colored pencils’ price ranges from $5 to $15, depending on the number of pencils and brand. Expensive pencils are good pencils, and you can see it on your artwork. If you are just a beginner, you can start with affordable items. But if you’re a professional artist, it is advisable to invest in costly ones with high-quality output.
- Where to use- It also important to know where are you going to use the metallic colored pencil. Are you going to finish your artwork in a dark, white, or colored paper? Are you looking for a light or heavy shaded colors? These considerations are essentials so you can choose the best product for you. Read the labels, some metallic pencils have a description on it.
- The number of metallic colored pencils– Lastly, it is also important to determine how many pencils shall you use. You can opt to buy 8, 12, or 36 metallic colored pencils depending on your need. Buy more pencils if you are a professional. However, start with few pencils if you are a just beginner.
In sum, colored pencils have evolved to suit the needs of both beginners and art enthusiasts.You can use metallic colored pencils on both dark and white papers. You can layer two colors and create a third color using these pencils. You can create shimmering effects and outstanding highlights with metallic colored pencils, and that is indeed awesome!
To get inspired and create more masterpiece, you can opt to choose from the above-mentioned products the next metallic colored pencils you wish to use. Remember as well the general features mentioned so you will be guided in your next shop.
Art should be promoted to our children because this enables them to discover themselves and be unique. Encourage them to explore the world and to begin creating artworks. Invest in good metallic colored pencils and don’t be afraid to be you.