Table of Contents
- Cammenga Phosphorescent Clam Pack Lensatic Compass
- Ueasy Professional Multifunction Military Metal Sighting Compass
- Eyeskey Multifunctional Military Army Metal Sighting Compass
- GWHOLE Military Lensatic Sighting Compass
- Rothco 3H Cammenga G.I. Military Tritium Lensatic Compass
- What to Look for
Are you fond of going in the wild and spending your time away from your comfort zone? If so, then you must be equipped with the right equipment and tool to survive.
More people nowadays are spending the majority of their time going hiking, camping, and surviving in the wilderness. It relaxes their mind and releases their stress from the chaotic city world. It also gives them a chance to explore the world and unite with nature.
Engaging in outdoor activities means investing in proper tools. Some of the things needed are proper clothes, shoes, bag, gears, food containers, handy light, camera, and compass. A compass is an instrument which is used in telling directions and in navigation. This is very important because compass can lead your way even if your GPS and other gadgets drain its battery.
The compass was used as early as the Han dynasty in China. It was first used as an instrument in divination. During the Song dynasty, the compass was used in marine navigation. Its popularity spread throughout the world. Today, the compass is available in different sizes and designs. Some of the compass today are magnetic, gyro, thumb, base plate, and the lensatic compass.
The lensatic compass or military compass is commonly used in military operations. This type of compass has a lens that can help the user have an accurate reading of the card dial. This product can help you navigate your way through a map and follow the course over the land.
Check out some of the best military compass available in the market today:
Cammenga Phosphorescent Clam Pack Lensatic Compass
The first product to try is the Cammenga Phosphorescent clam pack a lensatic compass. Cammenga is a company in the United States which was founded in 1992. They specialize in providing quality military gear and navigation. They are one of the official suppliers of compasses to the US Military and other military forces all around the world. Some of their products are compass and magazine loader.
This military compass is waterproof, shockproof, and sand-proof. It can function in extreme weather condition even in -50 degrees Fahrenheit or +150 degrees Fahrenheit. It is painted with phosphorescent paint which means that it can store light longer than any other brands. This product has a magnifying lens for accurate reading of the dials in degrees or mils.
The frame of this compass is made of aluminum. It has a pouch, a belt clip, and a lanyard which is olive in color. This compass is dry and it has a sapphire bearing which resists when turning. The shell of the compass is made of copper and it won’t break easily even if it drops on the floor. The product dimension is 9″ x 6″ x 3″ and weighs about 6.4 ounces only. The US forces have been using this compass for many years and it is time to have one too for your next adventure!
Ueasy Professional Multifunction Military Metal Sighting Compass
Are you looking for a compass that can function even at night time? Then you must try the Ueasy professional multifunction military compass. The Ueasy store has been selling online and some of its products are a compass, gym sports brace, jump bands, binoculars, and monoculars.
This military compass is available in three colors which ar black, green, and camouflage. It measures 65 cm x 53 cm x 26 mm and it is made of glass and metal. It is shake-proof and waterproof and can function at night because of its fluorescent linings. It has a lens and a sighting window. It is enclosed in a clamp that protects the radial from breaking. It also has a centimeter scale and inch ruler on the sides.
The product comes with a bag and a string to be attached on the compass. It also weighs about 0.15 pounds and this can be concealed in any part of your body.
Eyeskey Multifunctional Military Army Metal Sighting Compass
The Eyeskey multifunctional military army compass is a must-have too! Eyeskey was founded in 1999 and first focused on supplying optical instruments all over the world. Apart from binoculars, monoculars, and spotting scopes, they now provide compasses for their customers.
This product is made of metal, it has liquid inside the dial and it has a 360-degree scale. It is available in two colors which are green and camouflage. It is luminescent which means that the users can still read it even if it’s dark. It measures 53mm x 65 mm and its thickness is 26 mm. It comes with a bag and a string for transportation.
The lens of this product is adjustable. The measuring units on the side are in inches and centimeter too. This is a perfect product for survival such as camping, hiking, hunting, and mountaineering.
GWHOLE Military Lensatic Sighting Compass
Another product that can function even in extreme weather condition is the Gwhole military lensatic sighting compass. The Gwhole company creates innovative and affordable creations to its customers. The company is based in China but it ships items in any parts of the world. Their products range from home tools to outdoor adventures.
This product is made of metal and it has fluorescent lighting so users can read it even at night time. It is available in two colors only which are green and army green. The radial is liquid-filled. It comes with a pouch and a string for transportation which measures about 18 inches.
It measures 7 cm x 5.2 cm x 2.5cm and weighs about 175 grams. It has a ruler in inch and in centimeters. It also has a thumb ring on the back. The product also includes a manual for instructions. If you love campings and several outdoor adventures, then the Gwhole military compass must be on top of your list!
Rothco 3H Cammenga G.I. Military Tritium Lensatic Compass
Are you looking for a military compass with tritium lights? Then the Rothco military compass must be on top of your list. Rothco provides military accessories, equipment, and apparels.
This product has been used by the United States armed forces. It is available in Olive color only. The package includes a pouch, a string, and a belt clip. The case is made of aluminum and it is weather proof, Shockproof, and waterproof. It can function in extreme weather even if it is -50 degrees Fahrenheit or +150 degrees Fahrenheit. The radial is liquid-filled and it has tritium lights for easy reading even in low light conditions.
The product dimension is 6″ x 6″ x 6″ and weighs about 7 ounces only. This product is made in the United States and you can use it on the field, so grab one now!
What to Look for
These are some of the best military compasses that you can try. As long as you know how to read a compass, you will never get lost in the field. If you would like to save your time, money, and effort in buying a compass, familiarize yourself with these tips to look for when buying:
- Materials-The first feature to check is the materials used in the making of the military compass. As much as possible, buy compasses that are made of aluminum steel, brass, stainless steel, or other high-quality materials. The case of the compass will protect the radial from breaking. In addition, make sure that the product has a luminescent background so you can use it even at night time and in total darkness. The magnifying lens of the military compass must be clear and readable too.
- Design-The next feature is to choose a design that suits your needs. You can opt to buy lensatic compasses with clip, pouch, or string so you can hang it in your clothing or your baggage. Try also neutral colors because this will be concealed in any parts of your body.
- Temperature Range- If you always travel in places with extreme weather conditions, then you should choose to buy a military compass that can resist various temperature range. Your compass will have an inaccurate reading if it can’t adjust to the weather. You can read the prescribed temperature of the compass on its label or on the website.
- Size- The military compass must be small and must fit your clothes. The usual size of a military compass is 14 to 20 millimeters in diameter.
- Oil, liquid, or air-filled- The last feature to check is the filling of the compass. You can buy oil and water-filled compass. However, you can experience leakage and bubbles when the case breaks. Meanwhile, an air-filled compass can give you an accurate reading and prevent leakages.
In sum, there could be various technologies to help us find our way back home but it is still best to learn how to read a map and use a military compass. This instrument has saved the lives of many people and someday this could save our lives.
Check out the above-mentioned military compasses because these are some of the best products today. Orient yourselves with the tips to help you in your next shop, especially if it is your first time to buy one.