Table of Contents
Getting the best odor eliminating candle helps make your home more inviting and pleasurable to stay in. Among the human senses, the sense of smell is most sensitive. Indeed, your home might not be as clean or as orderly as you’d want it to be. Yet as long as you don’t smell anything funky, then you’d likely put off tidying it up for another day.
This wouldn’t be the case if you start to smell something bad in your home. Like any typical individual with a fully functional nose, it would drive you crazy wondering what it is. Unlike a stain on your sofa that you can cover up with a pillow, smells tend to linger. Unfortunately, this can hang around for days even after you’ve managed to locate and clean out the source.
You’ve probably encountered this concern if you have pets in your home. This is particularly true if your pet happens to enjoy playing outdoors. Once they come inside, they take with them whatever smell they absorb from the outside. On the other hand, one of your family members could be a smoker. If they smoke inside, then the smell definitely goes around the house. In addition, a home cooked meal is always great. However, having the aroma stay long after you’ve finished eating isn’t nice.
That’s why using an odor eliminating candle helps you get rid of the stench. The product is specially formulated to remove unwanted smells in your home. In its place, you get to enjoy a more pleasant scent. It’s a more natural alternative to using a sanitizing spray laden with chemicals.
Yet which odor eliminating candle is best for you? We highlight the top products in this category to give you a clear idea of what the best is.
Smoke Odor Exterminator
The Smoke Odor Exterminator Candle in a jar is the ideal way to eliminate a variety of odors permeating through your home. It can take on smoke and pet smells. With this, you don’t have to worry about any household odor bothering you ever again.
The Smoke Odor Exterminator Candle is a blend of paraffin and soy. Its unique enzyme allows it to take on awful smells then replaces it with a pleasant aroma to also help soothe away your stress. Each jar of Smoke Odor Exterminator Candle contains 13 ounces. It has a burn time of about 70 hours. The product is available in 38 colors.
Pet Odor Exterminator Candle Lavender with Chamomile Jar
Don’t be fooled by its name. The Pet Odor Exterminator Candle Lavender with Chamomile Jar can take on more than just pet odors. In fact, you can also count on it to deal with the smell of tobacco and whatever you have cooking in the kitchen.
What’s more encouraging is that it does have the vote of confidence of veterinarians. So you’re certain your pet will enjoy the scent. Moreover, they’ll be safe. Thus, you’ll likely be very happy with it. The Pet Odor Exterminator Candle is available in 35 scent names. Each jar contains 13 ounces of the candle. It has an estimated burn time of 70 hours.
Fujima USA Odor Exterminator Candle Creamy Vanilla 13oz
Possibly nothing else could be homier than the smell of creamy vanilla flooding your house. The Odor Exterminator Candle by Smokers Candle doesn’t just give off a pleasant scent. It gets rid of any horrid smell bothering you.
So you don’t need to put up with the smell of cigarettes. It’s also useful against pet odors. For your greater security when using candles at home, the Odor Exterminator Candle has a wick wire core made of zinc. Each jar contains 13 ounces. You can look forward to 70 hours of burn time with the Odor Exterminator Candle.
Smoke Eliminator Scented 13 Ounce Mason Jar Candle
The Smoke Eliminator Scented 13 Ounce Mason Jar Candle gives you more hours of burning time. So you get an additional 30 hours for the same size jar offered by other brands. For added safety, it has a lead-free wick. This is treated with a patented straightener. As a result, you can expect it to burn right every time you use it.
The manufacturer offers specific directions on how to use its products. For example, it advises trimming the wick to ¼ inch before lighting. Moreover, remember to take off the wick holder. Each Mason jar contains 13 ounces. This product is sold in two sizes. Choose from the 1 pack 13 oz or the 2 pack 13 oz.
Angry Orange Odor Eliminating Soy Candle
The Odor Eliminating Soy Candle from Angry Orange is mad about bad odors and germs. So it’s serious about getting the job done. Moreover, it’ll leave your home smelling citrusy fresh. It’s effective against undesirable odors your pet might bring into the house as well as lingering smells from the kitchen. It can also take on any stench the bathroom might have.
So you don’t need to be embarrassed just in case an unexpected guest drops by to pay you a visit. This is because your house gets to smell fresh every time at any time. Each jar of Odor Eliminating Soy Candle contains 18 ounces. Thus, you get more hours of burn time from 90 to 110 hours.
What to look for
To get the best odor eliminating candle in your home, it’s important to take into account these factors. By doing so, you have a better chance of finding the right product to fit your specific needs.
With so many odor eliminating candles sold in the market to date, it’s understandable that you’ll get confused. As a result, you might end up getting something that won’t satisfy you. Now, here’s what you need to look for in order to keep this from happening to you while you’re shopping.
- Burn time – The size of the odor eliminating candle dictates how long its burn time would be. Naturally, a small size jar would have a shorter burn time as opposed to a big size. The typical size of this product is 13 ounces. This translates to a burn time of 70 hours. You can also choose to buy a smaller size. A 4-ounce jar has a shorter burn time of 30 hours. While a larger jar of odor eliminating candle can be as big as 18 ounces or more. These have a longer burn time of 80 hours and up.
- Scent – The choices for scents of odor eliminating candles are abundant. Thus, there’s a chance you’ll easily find the scent you have in mind. The smell permeates through your home and helps get rid of bad odor. In addition, the scent also helps reduce stress. So depending on what scent you choose, you get the added benefit of aromatherapy. That’s definitely a good deal.
- Price – As always, it’s best to decide beforehand how much you plan to spend for an odor eliminating candle. While you can certainly find this product, the price would likely be a key factor in deciding which one you buy. However, avoid the temptation of settling for a low-cost product as it could put you and your loved ones at risk. Oftentimes, cheap means a lack of quality. So when you burn it, you might end up with a headache rather than become stress-free. Moreover, it might not have the necessary safety features required. Since you will light it at home, you want to make sure it doesn’t burn your house down.
- Effectiveness – An odor eliminating candle should effectively get rid of bad smells as it’s advertised to do. Some products in this particular category deal with a specific odor like from pets or cigarette smoke. Yet you can also get one product that’ll handle more than one specific odor problem. So aside from pet odor and cigarette smoke, it’s also useful to dispel kitchen smells and any other bad smell that would invade your home.
- Safety – You always need to be careful when handling candles inside your home. So it’s best to make sure the odor eliminating candle you buy is safe to use. Check the quality of the wick and the jar. Read carefully the instructions as provided by the manufacturer. These give specific directions on how to use the product so that you can fully enjoy its potential. At the same time, you along with everyone and everything in your home stay safe.
You might not have difficulty finding odor eliminating candle products in the market. However, making the right choice could give you a headache. To make sure you’re getting the best to meet your specific needs, remember to take these factors in mind while shopping.
As you can expect, prices in this product category cover a wide range. Hence, it’s best to decide how much your budget is before shopping. Don’t worry as this won’t limit your choices. However, avoid going for the cheap stuff as it might harm you and your home. Consider also what safety features the product has.
It’s also good to think about the burn time you want for your odor eliminating. In addition, do you want a product that can handle a specific aroma or something more comprehensive? However, the hardest decision you might have to make is deciding what scent you want.
To help you further, remember to look at these top products for odor eliminating candles. Maybe one of these could be what you want in the best odor eliminating candle.