Table of Contents
The best piñata makes every party a colorful, fun, and memorable celebration. It’s the ideal attraction that’ll have your guests excitedly looking forward to their turn to take a swing at it. Thus, expect to have a lively party on your hands.
Apart from how it looks, the best part of a piñata is what’s found inside it. From its original stuffing of seeds during the time of Marco Polo, today’s piñata is filled with party favors like candy or small toys. Sometimes, you can even fill it up with both types of party favors.
Hence, a pinata at parties is a definite attraction for both young and old. Indeed, it’s a game where you won’t have any problems getting people to participate in. Chances are you might need to fend some off with the wooden stick.
While you can make your own piñata for a party, chances are you might not have enough time to take on such a DIY project. You’ll have your hands full with planning all aspects of the party. Hence, the alternative of buying one instead to save you time. Indeed, it’s one less thing to worry about.
No doubt, you’ll be able to find a wide range of products in this particular category. You’ll have your choice of shape, color, and even character for your piñata. You can even get a piñata fit for a kid’s party as well as for an adult get together. However, with so many choices, which one is the best piñata to suit your party needs?
To give you an idea of what the top piñata products look like, we feature the most popular choices in this category. Learn what each product has to offer and why one of them might qualify as the best piñata for you.
Unique Tiki Pinata
Your summer party gets the perfect centerpiece with the Tiki Pinata. It features an authentic imitation of Tiki carvings. Moreover, it’s colorful and fun to look at. Hence, it will add the tropical touch you want to give your summer birthday or luau party to have.
This 3D Tiki Pinata is a prime example of the traditional hit and break piñata. The product measures 9 x 9 x 18 inches. It weighs 7.2 ounces. Even so, the Tiki Pinata is strong enough to hold up to 2 pounds of treats.
Despicable Me Minion Pinata (Stuart)
Add a bit of mischief to your child’s birthday party with the help of one of the adorable minions from the popular movie Despicable Me. Every child at your party will recognize Stuart. Moreover, they’ll enjoy taking turns pulling the strings attached to him until they find the right one that’ll let out the treats Stuart is holding.
If you plan to make it a real Minion themed party, the Despicable Me Minion Pinata goes well with matching party supplies and decorations. That’s a convenient way of taking care of the party décor. This product measures 3.5 x 15 x 20 inches and weighs 7.2 ounces. But don’t worry, Stuart is strong enough and can carry up to 2 pounds of party favors.
Unique Multicolor Number Pinata
Numbers don’t lie. So you can certainly count on the Multicolor Number Pinata at your party. It’ll make a bold statement with its vibrant colors. This product is available in 10 styles. You can choose to use only one specific number. Yet you can also combine numbers for occasions that denote a milestone in life such as a 50th wedding anniversary.
The Multicolor Number Pinata is an example of the traditional hit and break product. It measures 3.25 x 14.25 x 22 inches. It weighs 10.4 ounces. This piñata can carry up to 2 pounds of party favors.
Unique Pinkie Pie My Little Pony Pinata
Don’t be fooled by its cutesy pink color, the Pinkie Pie My Little Pony Pinata can easily handle your little girl’s party. Thus, it would be one magical celebration that your precious one will treasure forever because it’s cute and adorable.
However, a warning, your little girl might cry once it gets broken. So you might want to explain beforehand what the job of the Pinkie Pie My Little Pony Pinata is at the party. This product measures 14 x 5.4 x 17 inches and weighs 6.4 ounces. But rest assured that it can handle up to 2 pounds of treats.
Unique Leonardo Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pinata
Another popular character transforms himself into a piñata for your party needs. This time around, Leonardo from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is ready to make your little boy’s birthday an action packed celebration.
The Leonardo Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pinata can stand alone or serve as the centerpiece of your complete Ninja Turtles party. So you’re certain it goes well with matching décor for this theme. The product measures 7.5 x 10 x 24 inches and it weighs 8 ounces.
But rest assured Leonard can safely hold up to 2 pounds of party favors and treats. So, your kid will consider you cool for choosing this one.
What to look for
Finding the best piñata to suit your party needs doesn’t have to be difficult. While the number of choices might confuse you, knowing upfront what you want will help narrow your options. Eventually, you’ll be able to make that important decision ahead of your party date.
To get you on the right track, we list critical pointers for you to keep in mind while you’re shopping. Each item will help you effectively evaluate every product you encounter. Thus, you’ll have a better chance of finding the best piñata.
- Party theme – Parties are held for a variety of reasons. It can be for a birthday, an anniversary, an office promotion. Sometimes, just the opportunity to get together with family and friends is reason enough to celebrate. Adding a piñata to the occasion will certainly make the event merrier. Moreover, it would likely be an event your guests will never forget. To get started on your search, it’s best to decide up front what theme you intend to have for your party. Is the celebrant a child or an adult? You can find piñatas appropriate for whatever party theme you’ve got in mind.
- Construction – Pinatas are meant to be destroyed. Indeed, part of the fun of having one at your party is watching guests take turns swinging a wooden stick at it. Technically, the basic structure of all piñatas is a paper mache construction. Decorations for a piñata help make it special. You have your choice of shapes, colors, and characters. Yet a piñata needs to be strong enough to carry whatever favors you intend to put inside it. The last thing you want is to hang the piñata then see its contents fall out because there’s a rip in the paper mache. This isn’t a good thing especially if you’re having a children’s party. Little kids enjoy whacking the piñata. So losing the chance to do so might not sit well with your guests.
- Types – You can find a piñata for every type of occasion you plan to have. The surprise egg type piñata is ideal for birthdays, Easter, and Christmas parties. You’ll see an opening at the back and this is where you put in the gifts for the guests. Anniversary piñatas are meant to collect notes and well-wishes from guests who attend your party. So it’s not your typical design. The hole on top is meant for guests to drop in their special messages for the celebrant(s). Pull-string piñatas are ideal for children’s parties with young guests. It’s safer for them and lessens the chances of anyone inadvertently getting hit with a wooden stick. Each child simply pulls on a string. By doing so, they let out whatever is inside it. As expected, you can get the traditional hit to break piñatas. These are a lot of fun for many given the challenge of hitting the piñata while being blindfolded.
- Contents – You’ll have your pick of treats to fill up your piñata. When choosing your contents, it’s important to consider the theme of your party in order to get the appropriate contents. Thus, a piñata for a children’s party would possibly have assorted candies and small toys. On the other hand, adult themed piñatas might have more grownup items such as gift cards or miniature exotic candies. Regardless, it’s best to consider how many you intend to put inside so that the piñata can hold it all in before the big drop.
- Price – As always, it’s a good idea to decide what your budget is for the best piñata. You don’t have to worry about limiting your choices as every price range for this type of product has a lot of options to choose from.
Your party will be a memorable event that people will talk about for a long time, thanks to your choice of the best piñata. To make sure you’re successful in your search, remember to base your choice on these factors.
First of all, decide how much you intend to spend for the piñata. Once you’ve settled on a budget, consider the theme of the party you plan to host. In addition, choose the appropriate type of piñata. Apart from those factors, you’ll need to assess construction to make sure it can handle the contents you plan to put inside.
It’s also helpful to check out these top products in this category. Chances are one of these could have the qualities you want in the best piñata.