Table of Contents
- Carson 60X-100X MicroMax LED Lighted Pocket Microscope
- KINGMAS Mini 60x LED UV Light Pocket Microscope Jeweler Magnifier Loupe
- Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x Power LED Lighted Pocket Microscope
- SE MW10087L Mini 16x Microscope with Illuminator
- 420 Scope 60-100x LED Handheld Microscope
- What to look for
Getting the best pocket microscope lets you explore the world outside freely. Indeed, you aren’t constrained to working inside a laboratory when you have a pocket microscope handy. As its name describes, this microscope can fit inside your pocket. So you can easily take it with you.
Interestingly, its small size makes it an ideal choice for young kids. Hence, getting the best pocket microscope for your child could be the start of their scientific explorations. Children are naturally curious about everything they see. By giving them their own pocket microscope, you’ll be encouraging them to explore and learn. That’s a winning proposition any parent would likely consider. Imagine nurturing the curiosity of your budding scientist at home.
Apart from promoting science education, the pocket microscope also has real world applications. Thus, even professionals can benefit from having and using one for work. For example, you’re a jeweler and you’re meeting a client in their home to inspect jewelry. You can use the pocket microscope to examine their pieces so that you can give them an accurate estimate of its value.
Hobbyists like coin collectors can also use a pocket microscope to examine the fine details of each coin they collect. Yet, the pocket microscope isn’t just for outdoor use. Because they’re portable, manufacturing companies also use it for doing quality inspection checks throughout their assembly line. Indeed, there are so many uses of the pocket microscope.
Finding a pocket microscope in today’s market isn’t hard as many brands sell this product. However, as always, the variety can be overwhelming if you’re unaware of what to look for in the best pocket microscope. To give you an idea, here are the top products in this category. Check out what makes each one a popular choice among buyers to date.
Carson 60X-100X MicroMax LED Lighted Pocket Microscope
The Carson 60X-100X MicroMax LED Lighted Pocket Microscope is designed for the scientist on the go. The amount of power it possesses can be helpful if you need to take a close look at something quickly. To make your observation even better, this pocket microscope is equipped with a bright LED light. So you’re able to get a clear, vivid image.
For your convenience, the Carson 60X-100X MicroMax LED Lighted Pocket Microscope is lightweight. The product measures 1.25 by 3.25 by 0.75 inches (W x H x D) and only weighs 1.1 ounces. For your protection, it also has a rubberized eyepiece. The magnification range of this product starts at 60x to 100x. 3 SG3 Button Cell Batteries are included with every purchase of this pocket microscope.
KINGMAS Mini 60x LED UV Light Pocket Microscope Jeweler Magnifier Loupe
The KINGMAS Mini 60x LED UV Light Pocket Microscope Jeweler Magnifier Loupe has a bright LED light. So, you can use it even in situations when it’s not so bright. Apart from checking out jewelry up close, the KINGMAS Mini 60x LED UV Light Pocket Microscope has a wide range of applications.
You can use it in the garden to check for bugs. You can also use it inside your home to check out your coin or stamp collection. At the office, use it to inspect circuit boards or print outs.
Interestingly, you can even use it for currency detection.
Each purchase of the KINGMAS Mini 60x LED UV Light Pocket Microscope includes 3 pieces of LR1130 batteries. You also get a black faux leather pouch so you’re pocket microscope stays safe while you’re traveling.
Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x Power LED Lighted Pocket Microscope
The Carson MicroBrite Plus Power LED Lighted Pocket Microscope gives you greater magnification. You can adjust its focus up to a magnification of 120x. A unique feature of this product is its use of an Aspherical Lens system. As a result, you get sharper and clearer images with no distortion.
Its LED illumination called MicroBrite Plus requires the use of 1 AA battery. However, the battery is not part of the pack. The Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x Power LED Lighted Pocket Microscope is the ideal choice for kids who have a keen interest in science.
However, even advanced users can get a lot of use out of it. Each purchase of this product comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty. The manufacturer promises to repair or replace the product provided the defects are due to manufacturing or workmanship.
SE MW10087L Mini 16x Microscope with Illuminator
Chances are you’ll be pleasantly surprised by what the SE MW10087L Mini 16x Microscope with Illuminator can do for you. Indeed, it’s compact and easy to use wherever you need to go. In addition, it has a powerful light. So you can be sure that you get the right focus every time.
The product measures 1.8 x 0.6 x 3 inches and weighs 0.8 ounces. Each purchase of this product comes with 3 AG7 batteries. These are meant for the 2 bright LEDs. The average battery life is 6 hours.
The SE MW10087L Mini 16x Microscope with Illuminator is perfect for people who collect stamps, coins, and antiques.
420 Scope 60-100x LED Handheld Microscope
Don’t discount the power of the 420 Scope 60-100x LED Handheld Microscope just because of its size when you open the package. Indeed, following its directions carefully will get you clear images every time you use it. Thus, you can examine flowers up close and appreciate them even more.
The color of its LED light is bright white as opposed to other products that use yellowish bulbs. It also offers a wide range of magnification from 60x to 100x. Best of all, it fits perfectly into your pocket. The product measures 3.6 x 1.4 x 1.1 inches and weighs 1.6 ounces.
What to look for
Your search for a pocket microscope doesn’t have to be difficult. So you don’t have to feel overwhelmed by a large number of products sold in the market to date. To help you, we highlight the important factors of the best pocket microscope.
By following this guide, you’ll be able to make a thorough evaluation of any particular pocket microscope you’re interested in. As a result, you’ll manage to trim it down to your best choice.
- Convenience – A pocket microscope is meant to be portable. Thus, its weight shouldn’t be a problem when you travel around with it. It shouldn’t be cumbersome that you’d rather leave it at home than bring it with you because it’s heavy. Apart from being handy, check for movable parts. Does the pocket microscope come with an additional part that you either detach or append in order to work effectively? If so, then you’ll have to consider if that’s something you want to deal with each and every time you plan to use the pocket microscope when you go out.
- Magnification – The levels of magnification vary from one product to the next. For young kids, you can get a pocket microscope equipped with the basic magnification of 30x. Some models provide a wide range of magnification starting from 30x going up. The heavier duty models for the more serious users have a large magnification of 100x. This level is often suited for professional fieldwork jobs.
- Price – Consider how much you’re willing to spend for a pocket microscope. Admittedly, a high-end model comes with a bigger price tag considering what it has to offer and what it can do in the field. If you intend to give it as a gift for your child, would you want something they can use simply for educational entertainment? On the other hand, do you think they need something more than just the basic model? Nonetheless, you don’t have to worry about setting a budget as doing so won’t limit your choices. With so many products on the market, you’re bound to find the best pocket microscope to suit your needs without having to go over budget.
- Illumination – Lighting is critical when looking at small objects through a microscope. It helps you see the details of the specimen you’re examining. Basic models are typically battery operated. The amount of usage will dictate how often you need to change the battery. If you’re a heavy user then this might inconvenience you especially when you’re out in the field. As an option, some models of the pocket microscope are already equipped with LED illumination. This offers a brighter light. As expected, this type of pocket microscope would be more expensive than a battery operated model.
- Additional features – It’s also a good idea to check what other features a particular brand of the pocket microscope has to offer. For instance, does it come with its own storage case? This would be helpful when transporting as it serves as a protective housing for your pocket microscope. So you can be sure the lens won’t get scratched if you just throw it in your bag with the other items inside. For added comfort, some models have a rubberized eyepiece. Hence, it won’t be painful on your eye in case you accidentally press on it while you’re looking at something.
- Construction – The built of a pocket microscope should be sturdy enough to withstand the occasional drop. This is particularly true for children who aren’t always careful especially when they get excited about a discovery they just made using their pocket microscope.
The best pocket microscope makes it possible to explore and learn while you’re outdoors. Yet it’s also practical to use indoors when you need something portable. To make your search easier and effective, keep in mind these factors while shopping.
Set your budget for the pocket microscope. At the same time, determine your purpose for buying one. Will you use it for a hobby or do you plan to use it for work? Assess the quality of the pocket microscope by checking its construction, illumination, and by how much it can magnify an object. It’s also important to evaluate it for convenience and to check what other features make it stand out from other products in the same category.
To help you, remember to check out these top products for a pocket microscope. Maybe one these could have the qualities you want in the best pocket microscope.