A pool light serves practical and decorative applications. With it, you can enjoy swimming even at night. Aside from this, the addition of a pool light can significantly change the look of your surroundings. Indeed, you can achieve a more dramatic effect when it’s turned on. Thus, it would considerably enhance the setting for any kind of get together you have planned.
With the flick of a switch, you can turn on the pool lights to liven up your party. Alternatively, you can use them to create an intimate setting for a casual dinner among friends. What ’s more, you can achieve a romantic backdrop for two.
Regardless of how you intend to use a pool light, you can be certain to find what you need in today’s market. Then again, the large number of choices could possibly overwhelm you as well. With so many to choose from, which one can deliver what you need and perhaps have more to offer you?
Do you need an inground pool light? Alternatively, you could opt for an above ground pool light. Meanwhile, decorative pool lights can be useful for making any occasion special. We feature the top choices for pool lights. Each has something unique to offer. Check them out to see if any of these would meet your requirements for a pool light.
Intex LED Pool Wall Light
This particular pool light works solely on above ground pools made of metal. To install the Intex LED Pool Wall Light, simply place the in-pool LED light fixture on the inside of the pool. Then, align it with the power base on the outside. The product utilizes magnetic technology to connect the two parts. At the same time, it delivers the electricity used to illuminate the pool light. Hence, you don’t need batteries for this product.
Because it’s LED lighting, your pool light will last longer. Moreover, you won’t get a big surprise when your electricity bill comes as it utilizes only a small amount of power. This also makes it safe to use while you and you’re family are enjoying your swim. This particularly comes in handy if you’re family enjoys an occasional dip at night.
The product includes a 50-watt halogen pool light and a 120v plug with 12v transformer. It also includes a 23-foot power cord for your added convenience. The pool light is designed to float on water in case it detaches from its power base. The product measures 5.9 x 11.6 x 7.9 inches and weighs 3.9 pounds.
Game 3567 Underwater Light Show and Fountain
Game lives up to its slogan of providing fun solutions with its 3567 Underwater Light Show and Fountain. So, if you’re looking for a pool light with entertainment value, then this product will likely amuse you. It’s 4 LED lights will shine and illuminate your pool above and below water for a vivid spectacle while it floats atop of the water. The lights extend as to as much as 15 feet.
To complete the light show, the product also features a fountain. This will surely please you, your family, and guests. Water spouts to approximately 2 feet high. Apart from the fun it delivers, the Game 3567 Underwater Light Show and Fountain provides sufficient light so you can enjoy a quick dip in the pool at night.
The product needs 4 D-sized batteries to operate. To preserve power, the pool light automatically shuts off after an hour of continuous use. The Game 3567 Underwater Light Show and Fountain measures 7 x 6.8 x 7 inches and only weighs 1 ounce.
Pentair 601002 IntelliBrite 5G Color Underwater LED Pool Light
You can definitely create the right mood with the Pentair 601002 IntelliBrite 5G Color Underwater LED Pool Light. Its state-of-the-art technology puts the controls in your hands. Choose from its seven preprogrammed light displays.
Want to create an intimate setting for a candlelight dinner by the pool then choose the romance mode. In this mode, the lights create a calming atmosphere as they slowly change from one color to the next. Having a get-together? You can easily get the fun going with the Pentair 601002 IntelliBrite 5G Color Underwater LED Pool Light party mode.
The other modes are the SAm mode, California Sunset mode, American mode, Caribbean mode, and Royal mode. So if you’re looking for an inground pool light to fit your every mood but one that’s energy efficient then the Pentair 601002 IntelliBrite 5G Color Underwater LED Pool Light is worth checking out.
The product measures 11 x 11 x 9 inches and weighs 16.4 pounds. It’s available in 120-Volt and comes with a cord. This is available in varying lengths starting from 30-foot, 50-foot, 100-foot, and 150-foot.
Intex Floating LED Pool Light
This particular product is ideal if you have a small above ground pool. It will easily light up your pool. Moreover, it has three function modes for you to choose from, namely flood light, 3-color changer, and a combination of both. So, you get a lively light show that’ll surely entertain the kids.
The Intex Floating LED Pool Light operates on 4 pieces of AAA batteries. But you don’t have to worry about exhausting its power in just one night’s use. The light shuts off after two hours. So, you can get to use it for several nights before you need to replace the batteries.
The product measures 6.6 x 4.9 x 6.6 inches and weighs 12.8 ounces. The Intex Floating LED Pool Light is easy to operate and doesn’t require highly technical installation.
WYZM 120V Color Changing Swimming Pool Lights LED
The WYZM 120V Color Changing Swimming Pool Lights LED promises to impress even the most meticulous homeowner. It comes equipped with 16 settings, which is more than what others have to offer. Its programs feature 7 solid colors plus 9 color shows that will surely be a feast to watch at night.
Aside from the wide variety of colors and modes, its LED lighting consumes far less power. So, it’s not a burden on the pocket. The product measures 8 x 7.8 x 7.7 inches and weighs 2.5 pounds.
What to Look For
Finding the best pool light to satisfy you doesn’t have to give you a headache. It should balance your needs for function and beauty. It’s best to take into account these factors to help you make the right choice.
- Type – The varieties of swimming pool lights can be overwhelming for the uninitiated. Pool lights can be mounted on the wall of inground pool underwater or it can be placed around the perimeter above ground. You can also opt for feature lighting that’s focused on one part of the pool. Alternatively, floating or submersible pool lights are also available. You have the option to choose only one type or possibly mix it up to create a unique ambiance for your home.
- Bulb – Pool lights can use either incandescent, halogen, LED, or fiber optic. Among the three, LED lights are the most cost-effective and durable. This is mainly why LED pool lights are the popular choice for many. The only downside to this choice is bulb replacement. Changing a LED bulb is tricky particularly if it’s in a pool light. In this case, you’ll need to take off the sealed housing unit then take it out of the pool. Alternatively, you can opt to get professional help to do this. Although this shouldn’t happen too often given the lifespan of LED lights can last up to over 10 years.
- Size and shape of your pool – It is best to take into account the size and shape of your pool when choosing the ideal lights for it. Using a big light for a small-sized pool could overshadow everything else and be too much for the eyes to see. Alternatively, a medium- or large-sized pool would drown out a small pool light.
- Electrical capacity – You have the option to choose either a 12-volt pool light or the 120-volt version. Your choice will depend on your existing electrical system. If you choose one that doesn’t match your existing setup then you could possibly end up spending more just to adapt to it.
- Budget – The price of pool lights varies from the most affordable to the very expensive. Your choice will depend on your budget and how much you’re willing to spend to beautify your pool. If you simply want additional lights to make night swimming safer, then you could probably opt for a reasonably priced pool light. Then again, if you’re ready to spend for it and want something to really knock out everyone’s sights then you’ll have your choice of pricier options.
Choosing the best pool light should satisfy your practical needs and appeal to you visually. This winning combination will make your search completely worth all the effort you put into it. Hence, it’s best to keep in mind these factors namely, type, bulb, size and shape of your pool, electrical capacity, and budget. By doing so, you have greater chances of finding the best pool light to suit you.
Here are the top choices for the best pool light that you can expect to find on the market to date. These will give you a better idea of what you want to get. Moreover, if what you want is available and within your means.