Table of Contents
- AOC e1659Fwu 16-Inch Ultra Slim
- AOC E1649FWU 16-Inch LED LCD Monitor
- ASUS USB Portable Monitor
- GeChic Portable Monitor with HDMI, VGA Inputs
- Toshiba USB Ultra-portable Mobile LCD Monitor
- GeChic Touchscreen Portable Monitor with HDMI, VGA, MiniDisplay Inputs
- GeChic 2501H 1920×1080 Portable Monitor with HDMI, VGA Inputs
- HP ELiteDisplay G8R65A8#ABA 14-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
- What to Look For?
Technology really shifts quite drastically, one day your gadgets are all the rage the next they’re out of the door and considered obsolete. This same thing happened to desktop computers, they are now being slowly replaced by laptops that are not even faster and powerful than your CPUs. The only thing about laptops a lot of them are quite small and a lot of people still prefer the bigger screens of monitors. The best solution to this dilemma is to get a portable monitor. This is usually powered through USB and is connected to your laptop. Now you don’t just have a bigger screen but you can now also enjoy having two screens! But before you set out to buy your own it’s best if you look at our list of the best portable monitors in the market to help guide you on your purchase.
AOC e1659Fwu 16-Inch Ultra Slim
If you’re looking for a monitor that’s not just incredible portable but would also give you the variation you’ll need when using it; then this AOC Ultra Slim portable monitor is for you. Like the name suggests, it’s super thin so you won’t have to worry about having to fit it inside your luggage while you’re traveling. It also has a stand which allows you to view your work either in portrait or landscape mode. This means you’ll get great flexibility on your work. This is a great feature for those who view designs since it’ll give you different perspectives on it.
Aside from these, the monitor also gives a crisp and clear display that won’t show you pixels. These features are all backed up by the amazing reviews that the product got from it’s past customers. They love that it gives them flexibility and that they can bring it almost anywhere without any hassles.
AOC E1649FWU 16-Inch LED LCD Monitor
If you hate unnecessary cords like most people; then you’ll love this AOC E1649FWU. This portable monitor is USB powered so you won’t have to worry about cords tangling or being cluttered on your work space. This monitor is also thin and light so it’s easy to carry with you wherever you may want to go. Another great thing about this monitor is that it offers you dual display with your laptop this makes it easier to multitask and to view numerous windows at once. The monitor is also compatible with most operating systems meaning you won’t have to worry about it not working for you. This AOC monitor also got great reviews from previous customers. However, there were a couple of complaints on its durability and the resolution.
ASUS USB Portable Monitor
The problem with most of the portable monitors in the market is that their resolution is not as great as your main monitor is. They usually also don’t have a full HD display which can be troublesome for those who edit videos and do graphic design. With this ASUS portable monitor you won’t have this problem at all. The monitor offers you a full HD experience so you won’t have to make do with dull resolutions that don’t give your work justice. This is also thin making it the perfect companion for all your trips. It comes with a protective sleeve so no need to scratch your head over where to place it when you travel. The monitor also has a stand that allows it to rotate to various angles making it great not just for traveling but also for your office desk.
GeChic Portable Monitor with HDMI, VGA Inputs
Do you want a monitor that has almost all the features of a laptop just without the keyboards? If so, then this GeChic portable monitor is the one for you. This monitor has built in speakers and an audio jack. This also has a VGA and HDMI input giving you the ability to connect your portable monitor not just on your laptop but also to your smartphone and even your DSLR camera. This great feature means that you don’t need to bring your full laptop anymore if you’ll just be viewing work or doing minimal edits. Another great feature of this monitor is the protective cover it has which also doubles as a stand. This will give your monitor even better portability.
This monitor from GeChic received great reviews from previous customers. They loved that it’s light and easy to take with you everywhere you go. They also love the add-on features that they can’t find in other laptops. It does, however, have a couple of drawbacks such as not having a a VGA cord available and the resolution not being as great as most would want.
Toshiba USB Ultra-portable Mobile LCD Monitor
This Toshiba portable monitor is light and portable. It’ll give you the flexibility you need and would also allow you to give presentations even without a projector. This is also USB powered so no need to plug it in and it only has a single cord for power and for display. This monitor also has great resolution and also comes with a built-in stand and a carrying sleeve. This monitor also receives mostly great reviews from previous customers. They love the portability of the monitor and they also appreciate that it comes with a sleeve unlike other that require you to buy a separate one or have to squeeze it in your laptop bag. However, there were a couple of complaints with the display screen being not as crisp as most would want it to be.
GeChic Touchscreen Portable Monitor with HDMI, VGA, MiniDisplay Inputs
If you want a monitor that almost doubles as a tablet; then this GeChic touchscreen portable monitor is for you. This monitor is compatible with both Windows and Apple laptops so no need to worry about your laptop not being compatible to the monitor. The touchscreen feature allows you to not work with just your monitor since you can just plug in your smartphone or camera and you’re good to go. The fact that it’s touchscreen also means that you won’t need a mouse when you navigate your monitor. This portable monitor received excellent reviews from previous customers. They loved that it has a touchscreen display which gives them better functionality. The only drawback to this is the price and that it doesn’t run with USB power.
GeChic 2501H 1920×1080 Portable Monitor with HDMI, VGA Inputs
Like the previous GeChic portable monitors, this one also has HDMI and VGA inputs. This would give you the flexibility to connect your monitor not just to laptops but also connect your smartphones and cameras. This monitor is also recommended for gamers since it has a 160 degree viewing angle that would allow two players to view the monitor comfortably at the same time. Aside from these awesome features, this also got great reviews from previous customers who loved it’s flexibility and functionality. Gamers are particularly happy about this since you can connect your gaming console directly to the monitor so you can play anywhere and anytime.
HP ELiteDisplay G8R65A8#ABA 14-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
This HP EliteDsiplay is a perfect match for those who wants something that doesn’t have any frills and sis straight to the point. This monitor is sleek and simple and of course really easy to travel with. However, don’t let this simple appearance fool you because this actually has great a great display and even comes with a built-in stand giving you a great way to set-up your mobile office. This also got great reviews from previous customers. They loved that it’s able to give them the mobility without sacrificing picture quality.
What to Look For?
When purchasing your own portable monitor it could be quite confusing and overwhelming especially if you’re not particularly familiar with the specs and what a great monitor should have. Because of this, even after reading the list above you might still not have the slightest idea on which one to get go yourself. Maybe you have your top choices but you can’t seem to pinpoint exactly which is the best for you.
- Size – The size of your monitor really depends on your preference and what your needs are. If your tasks are more simple computer tasks like creating word or excel files then, a smaller and more portable monitor might be your preference. On the other hand, if you do gaming or editing on your computer a bigger screen would be better for you. Once you’ve decided on which tasks you’ll be doing more then you can more appropriately decide on the size that’s more suitable for you.
- Portability – What good is a portable monitor if it’s not easy to carry with you? Given this, it’s best if you get a portable monitor that could satisfy your needs, task-wise, and still be easy to lug around with you wherever you go. This means that the monitor should be light and thin for easy transportation. It would be a huge plus as well if the monitor comes with a protective sleeve when you purchase it for safer and easier transfer.
- Usage – One of the greatest things about a portable monitor is that you can switch the view of your monitor on most products. This means that you can basically view your monitor either in a landscape or portrait view, making the monitor feel like a tablet. Given this, it’s best if the monitor you’re choosing gives you the flexibility in the view depending on what your task calls for at that moment. Another great thing that would up the usage of your monitor is if it has a great stand. The stand would make it easier for you to prop your monitor anywhere and if the stand was built in or came with the monitor this also means that it would be more secure and less vulnerable to falling.
- Picture quality – Although a portable monitor is technically a spare monitor, and one that most would only utilize when they’re travelling; it’s still best if you get a monitor which has great picture quality. The monitor shouldn’t be pixelated at any point and should give you a clear view of your work. This is a feature that graphic artists, architects, and others who work with drawings should take a really close look of. This is because the quality of the picture and color in the monitor could greatly affect how well and how fats you do your work.
Getting a portable monitor would give you a bigger space to work with. It would give you an extension of your laptop. This would also allow you to work with larger screens when travelling without needing to have those huge laptops that are not just heavy but also comes with a hefty price tags. This would also allow you to have a better view for all your tasks. Portable monitors are great to have even if you’re just at home since this would ultimately give you two separate screens already which allows you to multi-task better.
We hope that the tips and tricks as well as the list above have helped you in choosing the best portable monitor for you, your tasks, and your needs. Just remember that you should always look at the totality of the product when making any purchase. You should never just focus on one aspect but instead you should consider how all the aspects work together. Being informed about the product, it’s effectivity and use would also ensure that you’re making a smart choice. It may be true that no single aspect should control your decision, the price of the product would be the limiting factor for a lot of people. Just keep in mind that having a limited budget doesn’t mean that you’ll dive straight to the cheapest one, you should still consider if the product would last long and if it’ll be the best value for your money. A great deal doesn’t always have to mean that you got the cheapest product it can also mean that you got the one with the best qualities for an affordable price. On the flip side, if price isn’t an issue for you, you shouldn’t go for the most expensive one right away either. Since this might just lead to you being disappointed and a couple of bucks poorer.