Table of Contents
Snack is basically an essential part of our lives, believe it or not. Whether you’re a kid, a teenager, an adult, or an old person (no offense), you’re still yearning for snacks. And we are totally guilty about this. Being a kid or a teenager, the craving for snacks is strongest in this part of age hood. Almost always there’s no single day that we don’t look for snacks. If you’re in a class, it’s hard to resist the temptation to eat while hiding that bag of chips even the class is still ongoing. Not that we are urging you to do it, we just can’t stop our cravings.
By the time the bell rings, it’s time for lunch. If you’re the type who brings lunch at school, you grab the takeout food made by your mother from your bag. That’s the case for kids and teenagers. Adults (and young adults) and old-aged are not excluded. With more freedom to do what they want, whether it’s hiking, road tripping, traveling, swimming, chances are, you pack sandwiches as a take-out snack to ease your hunger or boredom (most of the time). Some even find out that they have an eating disorder due to boredom. But that’s not the case here.
The point is, we love bringing and packing snacks almost every time. However, it’s not really cost-effective considering the times you need a container that can easily be carried anywhere without adding significant weight inside your baggage. To answer that problem, a reusable sandwich bag will find useful. Yes, sandwich bags can be reusable. Not the disposable kind. Solely because it’s called sandwich bag doesn’t mean it’s just for sandwiches, wrong. You can store any items that can fit inside the bag depending on the size.
Itzy Ritzy Snack Happens Reusable Snack Bag
Measuring 7 inches by 7 inches, the Itzy Ritzy Snack Happens Reusable Snack Bag is made for a snack, fruits, sandwich, and even toiletries and gadgets. So long as you don’t mind making them your storage bag, of course. Just like a normal sandwich bag, the zipper locks to secure the contents. The cloth is made of fabric, which is totally washable, stitched in floral design pattern for kids or women.
DFA got its BPA, Lead and PVC Free mark so no need to panic regarding residual waste that may harm anyone’s health. It’s recommended to not bleach the sandwich bag and to line dry, afterward.
Bumkins Reusable Snack Bag
While opting for an old-style design is simply not a bad idea, there’s no shame by updating it a bit with a more colorful and livelier aesthetics – perfect for children. In a single ply construction, the Bumkins Reusable Snack Bag Small 2 Pack measures 7 inches (W) x 3.5 inches (H). It’s safe as any other sandwich bags and washable either with a machine or dishwasher. Stains won’t be much of a problem for its cotton fabric material wrapped all-around.
The design from Bumkins is aimed for children with a light yet colorful theme.
Art of Lunch Reusable Sandwich and Snack Bag
Who needs an eye-catching sandwich bag when no seem to care about it? Right? Wrong! Apparently, not only clothes can get an overhaul but also Art of Lunch Reusable Sandwich and Snack Bag. True to its name, the Art of Lunch adds art to your lunch that comes in different varieties. The design is mostly based on inspiration from different countries like USA, Sweden, Germany, and Indonesia. If you want to be authentic and unique, this sandwich bag surely screams those characteristics.
Everything will be a piece of cake when it comes to cleaning, zipping, and storing. It’s also made of fabric with polyester lining – tested for BPA, lead, PVC, and phthalate free. What’s makes it more unique is that it’s bundled in three set of sizes. Snack Bag at 6.5 inches x 3 inches, Large Sandwich Bag at 6.5 inches x 6.5 inches and Extra-Large Sandwich Bag at 7 inches x 8 inches.
Stasher Reusable Silicone Food Bag
Imagine your food can be boiled and freeze in its own storage? Wouldn’t that be amazing and wonderful as it makes the task easier without taking the food from one place to another? Stasher can provide just that! Introducing the Stasher Reusable Silicone Food Bag – made of pure silicone that allows the bag to be boiled, stored in a freezer, and be reheated in a microwave! What more can you ask for? Since it’s made entire of silicone, wiping the remains and cleaning the whole package is not much of a task and it dries faster than fabric-based bags.
You won’t be seeing any zipper from this as it locks easily by pinch-sliding the seal. Ideal in almost any room temperature, it won’t be affected by PVCs. If you don’t mind the design, Stasher’s reusable sandwich bag is pretty straight-forward from its usage and design.
BlueAvocado Re-Zip Seal Reusable Storage Bag Kit
Planning on a long trip in groups? Then a pair of sandwich bag must not be enough for all. Don’t worry as BlueAvocado got your back because of not two, not three, not four, but FIVE reusable sandwich bags they provide – certainly earning its name as BlueAvocado Re-Zip Seal Reusable Storage Bag Kit. There will be two size variety in the form of three Lunch Bags measuring 8.5 inches(W) x 7.25 inches (L) and two Snack bags at 8.5 inches x 4.75 inches.
It’s won’t be called re-zip if it’s not re-zip-able, right? That’s why it features dual-lock for better security against leakage. It can be stored in the freezer and still washable from its PEVA material graded FDA, meaning, PVC, Lead, and BPA free. In short, it’s safe.
What to Look for
Buying reusable sandwich bags is a cost-effective investment for your on-the-go food storage while supporting the environment by reducing plastic waste. Either you’re looking for a snack pack or lunch pack, our top list caters to all sizes. If you want to get more out of it, some sandwich bags allow for boiling and freezing as well as microwave heating. To help you decide which is the right one for you, we listed the important pointers for you.
- Size – either you’re a small packer or a large packer, it’s better to know the size of sandwich bag that you’re going to use. If you only plan to store like chips or small fruits, you’re better off with the smaller size since it won’t take too much space. But if you plan on storing herbs, lunch, and even gadgets, better pick the bigger one.
- Single or Pack – different brands try to sell their own sandwich bags, some offer by a single piece while others bundle them with packs of 3 or 5. Furthermore, the bundled pack provides better flexibility since it can, sometimes, come in different sizes. What’s important to take note here is to identify first if you’re using it just for yourself or for a group of people. There’s also no shame if you want to store perishable products in multiple packing.
- Type of material – so far, we’ve tackled only two type of material – cotton fabric and silicone. Opting for a cotton fabric makes it easier to tidy things up a bit since it can be folded. Apart from that, it’s also lighter in weight. On the other hand, the silicone material may be a bit heavier but the special material allows for it to undergo extreme conditions. Furthermore, it easily dries up and has a much longer usage resistance.
- Zipper or Snap-in – either way, both can provide a secure lock to avoid any spilling. But choosing a snap-in over the zipper makes sure that you won’t have to worry about possible lock damages, as opposed to the zipper – it can be destroyed by any means of force and sometimes struggles to zip when it’s not properly aligned. Still, snap-ins are far from perfect. It can be accidentally opened without any human intervention when placed inside a bag, though this instance is very rare. A reason why a double snap-ins were created to cater to this kind of problem.
- Design(Optional) – it’s really just a matter of preference when it comes to design. But if kids want a specific-looking one, then you must abide by their needs as you don’t want them to end up crying for half an hour. There’s a ton of different design from flower patterns to authentic structures that can match a kid’s personality. You just have to look for them thoroughly.
In terms of usability, the listed reusable sandwich bags can provide all the basics. The deciding factor will mostly fall under features. Should it be silicone or fabric cotton? Do I need one or a pack? These are not the only things that you need to consider, the type of lock and size will further narrow your choices to make it your personal traveling (or not) on-the-go food storage.