Table of Contents
Getting the best runners belt lets your run or jog go effortlessly without leaving anything you need behind. Interestingly, the product might be reminiscent of the fanny pack popularly used in previous years. However, today’s running belt is so much more in terms of function and style.
No doubt, yesterday’s fanny pack were a practical alternative to carrying a purse or backpack. Yet it never did make it to the cover of any fashion magazine. In contrast, today’s runners belt is the latest thing when it comes to performance storage. Use it to carry money, house keys, and of course, your mobile phone while you’re jogging, hiking, or running.
The construction of the runners belt differentiates it from the fanny pack. Indeed, it’s meant to withstand the effects of constant motion. Fanny packs couldn’t do that. Eventually, it would result in tears at the seams where the pack and belt meet.
Nowadays, the growing interest in running has also led to the popular use of the runners belt. This is because of its comfortable fit, functionality, and the numerous styles it has to offer. Indeed, you can easily find a wide selection of runners belts sold in the market to date.
However, choosing which one to buy can be quite tricky. With so many choices, how do you know which one will give you what you want? Runners belts come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors. Moreover, some products offer extra features.
To give you a better idea of what you should look for in a runners belt, we feature the top products in this category. Find out why these products made it to the list. Moreover, learn what made them stand out from the others sold in the market to date.
The unique design of the FlipBelt is the reason why you won’t find zippers or any type of lock on it. To close and lock everything you’re bringing, simply flip the belt. Indeed, it’s that simple. Yet you’re assured your valuables are securely tucked away. So you can go for a run without worrying about them.
The FlipBelt is made of Micropoly and Lycra. So it won’t chafe your skin. It’s also quick drying. The product makes it simple to carry out your active daily life. Moreover, it’s stylish. It’s available in 9 colors. Take your pick from Black, Hot Pink, Aqua, Carbon, Royal Blue, Violet, Neon Green, Neon Yellow, or Neon Punch.
For your added protection, it has the 3M quality reflective logo. So you can use it even at night. The FlipBelt also makes the ideal companion when you travel. Use it as a hidden money belt.
Sport2People Reflective Running Belt
The Sport2People Reflective Running Belt lets you focus on your run. With this product, you don’t have to stop and check your valuables to make sure nothing’s fallen out. This is particularly true if you want to change the music playing on your phone as you run.
In contrast to other products, the Sport2People Reflective Running Belt features 2 pockets. With separate compartments, you don’t have to stuff everything together. Use one compartment to store your keys, cards, or some money. Dedicate the other pocket for your mobile phone, which is a common accessory for people who listen to music while running.
The Sport2People Reflective Running Belt has a special hole for earphones. So you don’t need to keep the zipper partially open for it. The product is made of waterproof neoprene material.
Camden Gear Hydration Belt
The Camden Gear Hydration Belt guarantees to keep you hydrated on your short or medium distance runs. The product can easily carry two 6 ounce bottles that promise to stay in place while you’re running. So you don’t have to worry about them falling off.
You can place your other valuables inside the main pouch. Indeed, it’s large enough to carry a 6-inch Smartphone. It still has space to carry your keys, IDs, and cards as well as some cash. The manufacturer is confident in the quality of its product. Camden offers a 100% money back guarantee.
The Camden Gear Hydration Belt is adjustable up to 43 inches. It’s the ideal runners belt for men and women.
SNHNY Running Belt
The SNHNY Running Belt promises comfort. So it won’t bother you by bouncing around while you’re running. The material of this product also guarantees your valuables stay dry inside it. It’s made of high-quality polyester Lycra.
Store your valuables separately in the SNHNY Running Belt’s two expandable pockets. You can even use one of them to hold your snacks. It has a dedicated pocket for touch screen Smartphones. So there’s no need to take out your device. In addition, it comes with a hole for your earphones.
uFashion3C Running Belt Pouch
You’ll love to use the uFashion3C Running Belt Pouch for fitness or pleasure. It can fit waist sizes starting from 25 ½ to over 39 inches. So you can adjust it accordingly to your own measurements. Chances are it’ll fit like a glove on you.
The product is made of weatherproof lycra and features an elastic waist belt. For added convenience, it comes with 2 inner pockets. Plus, it has a touch screen PVC window for easy access to your Smartphone even while running.
The uFashion3C Running Belt Pouch measures 7.5 x 2.4 x 0.6 inches. It’s lightweight weighing only 1.1 ounces. For your added safety, it has a reflective strip for greater visibility in dim lighting.
What to look for
The runners belt offers convenience whether you plan to run with or just take a walk with it and not have to bring a full bag. However, figuring out which product in the market will suit your needs can be overwhelming.
If you simply buy for the sake of doing so, then chances are you won’t be happy with what you get. Hence, it requires a thorough evaluation to make sure you get the best runners belt. We offer these tips to give you an idea of what you need to look for in the best runners belt.
- Storage – What items do you need to bring with you when you go out for a run? This is one of the main questions you should ask yourself as it will dictate how much storage space your runners belt should have. Basically, you’d want to have your keys, your wallet or pocket money, and perhaps an Identification Card inside it. In addition, it’s quite typical to see runners with earphones attached to a player or mobile phone to listen to music while running. Rather than keep these in your pocket, it would be best to have them stored in a runners belt. This ensures the contents are secure. Moreover, they won’t be feeling bulky to you while you’re running. As an added feature, some runners belts come equipped with its own water bottle. So you can stay hydrated while running. Moreover, getting the bottle only requires the use of one hand. Indeed, you don’t need to stop and drink.
- Material – The runners belt stays close to your body while you jog. Thus, it’s best to get one made of the material that can regulate heat and absorb sweat. The last thing you want is to feel wet and hot at your midsection where the belt is fastened. As you can expect, many runners belts are made of synthetic materials. But ideally, be on the lookout for one that has knitted elastic or mesh. Either material offers good ventilation. Moreover, it won’t feel bulky to carry. In the case of runners belts that can carry water bottles, check to make sure it has sufficient padding. This helps ensure the bottles won’t rub against one another and disturb your run.
- Comfort – The reason for getting a runners belt is to make sure your valuables are secure whenever you go for a run. So the last thing you want is constantly having to fix it while you’re running. This would be a major discomfort on your part. Thus, it’s best to check if the product has enough pockets to store what you want to bring. At the same time, be certain they won’t bounce around as you’re moving.
- Color – Beyond fashion, color serves as an important safety feature for the runners belt. This is particularly true if you prefer running in the evenings. Yet it’s not just color, as some products are also equipped with a reflective material. This makes a runner more visible at night once light hits the reflective surface.
- Price – How much are you willing to spend for your runners belt? No doubt, you’ll find a runners belt to suit any budget you’ve got in mind since the range of products in this category is wide. However, it’s important to keep in mind that it’s important to consider quality as well. Low-end products might be cheap. However, they might not stand up to the wear and tear of daily or even occasional use. Thus, you might end up going through this set of factors again when buying your next runners belt sooner than you thought.
To make sure you’re getting the best runners belt to suit your specific needs, remember to make your evaluation is based on these factors. Set a budget. How much are you willing to spend? Write down what you typically bring when you run or jog. In doing so, you can gauge how much storage your runners belt should have.
Evaluate each product based on material, color, and comfort. To help you further, do check out these top products in this category. Perhaps one of the items on the list could have the qualities you’re looking for in the best runners belt.