Table of Contents
Turmeric is a plant from the family of ginger which has been popular in Asia for thousands of years. Originally, turmeric was used as a dye in coloring Indian and Bangladeshi fabrics. Apart from its coloring properties, it was discovered to be useful in several medications such as cleaning wounds, healing infections, and treating digestive problems. It is also used as a key ingredient in Asian cuisines and it has been popular all around the globe.
It is a plant that grows in most of the rainforests in Asia and grows up to 3 feet tall. All parts of turmeric are edible. Its roots are used as a powder for cooking or tinting while its leaves and flowers are used in several dishes. Turmeric has a bitter-sweet flavor and has a combination of orange-ginger scent, that’s why people of all ages loves using it.
Turmeric is available in powder which can be used in teas and coffees. With a big demand in turmeric products, it has also evolved in capsules to provide more nutrients to its users. Check out some of the best turmeric capsules that you can take:
Doctor Danielle Turmeric Curcumin with Bioperine
The Doctor Danielle turmeric curcumin with Bioperine is created by Dr. Danielle Saunders. Dr. Sanders (a naturopathic doctor) combines natural resources with modern science. Their products are made in the USA and their laboratories are GMP-certified.
This turmeric capsule is made of 500mg organic turmeric and 5mg black pepper or Bioperine which increases the bioavailability of curcumin. The capsule itself is 100% vegan, gluten-free, and hypoallergenic. It has no artificial sweeteners, flavors, dyes, or fragrances. The product’s dimension is 1.5″ x 1.5″ x 1.5″ and weighs about 4 ounces. The bottle is available in 120 capsules only. A capsule a day will be enough to ease the pain that you are experiencing in your body.
Schwartz Bioresearch Turmeric Curcumin with Bioperine
This turmeric curcumin with Bioperine is created by Schwartz Bioresearch. The product is made in the USA and their facilities are FDA-approved. Their products have no fillers, binders, and it is GMO-free too. Their supplements are formulated by experts which are allergen-free and gluten-free. Their products are third-party certified, which means that they have contacted laboratories to verify the quality of the supplements they offer.
The ingredients of this capsules are 1500 mg of turmeric and 10 mg of Bioperine or black pepper for enhanced bioavailability of curcumin. It is available in 90 capsules which are enough for a month. The company uses vegan capsules for their product. It is free of soy, milk, wheat, sweeteners, and sugar. The product’s dimension is 3.7″ x 2.2″ x 2.2″ and weighs about 0.8 ounces.
This turmeric capsule can be used in pain relief and joint support. It is also helpful in swollen and inflamed body parts. Take this turmeric capsule and say goodbye to chronic pains forever!
Eden Pond Turmeric Curcumin
Are you looking for an all-natural turmeric capsule? Another turmeric curcumin to try is from the Eden Pond. Eden Pond offers vitamins and supplements from natural resources, thus calling its company as the premier online apothecary. Their products are made in the USA with a GMP-certified facility.
This product is made in 100% turmeric curcumin while the capsule itself is vegan with no fillers, binders, and artificial ingredients. It is of good quality which comes in 120 capsules. The product’s dimension is 2.2″ x 2.2″ x 4.2″ and weighs about 4 ounces.
Adults can take this capsule daily since it is 100% all natural. It absorbs very easily and it has no effect on breath or digestion so grab one now!
Organic India Turmeric Capsule Supplement
The next turmeric capsule to use is the Organic India turmeric capsule supplement.Organic India works with small-scale farmers in India to cultivate the land and produce organic products to different consumers around the world.
The turmeric bottle is made of glass to protect the product from plastic leaching and it is available in 180 capsules. The products’ ingredients are organic turmeric/ ginger rhizome and 95% turmeric extract. The capsules are vegetarian, non-GMO, and gluten-free too. The capsules have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that fight free radicals in our body. It is also Kosher and Halal certified.
The products’ dimension is 2.5″ x 2.5″x 4.8″ and weighs about 10.4 ounces. It is also available in 90 and 270 capsules. The product has no aftertaste and you’ll surely love taking turmeric capsules!
Sports Research Turmeric Curcumin C3 Complex
You might also want to check out the Sports Research turmeric curcumin C3 complex. Sports Research has been providing its customers with quality health and wellness products for 35 years. It is also commonly used by people who goes to the gym and who loves sports.
This C3 complex capsule is made with clinically proven C3 curcumin extract. It has a standardized 95% curcuminoid, 5% Bioperine ingredient and virgin coconut oil or the ‘good fat’ per liquid soft gel. It is vegan, non-GMO, gluten free and soy free. The soft gel is made in kosher gelatin, vegetable glycerin, water, and organic yellow beeswax. Softgels are easy to swallow and have longer shelf life than most capsules.
The bottle of the product is plastic but it has a flip top cap. The product is also available in 120 capsules. If you experience body pain and inflammation after your workout, you can have the Sports Research turmeric capsule to recover!
What to Look For
If you know what to look for in a turmeric capsule then it can be a life-changing supplement for you. The turmeric choices in the market nowadays can be overwhelming and so the question now is; which is right for you?
Here are some of the features to look out for in buying turmeric capsules:
- Ingredients- The first feature to look out for is the ingredient. Choose products with natural ingredients and prevent synthetic turmeric capsules. Opt for vegan capsules or soft gel as well. If possible, choose single-ingredient capsule. Multiple ingredient capsules don’t really add value or medicinal benefits on the product. Look out for unnecessary fillers or allergens on the product.
- Packaging- The second feature is the packaging. Make sure that the product you are buying doesn’t have a tampered or broken seal. A close bottle will prevent accumulation of dust and other foreign materials that can affect your turmeric capsule. You can buy turmeric capsules in glass bottles so you can prevent plastic leaching. Products in glass bottles can last longer and it is easy to store too. Make sure to read the storage conditions too.
- Label- Another important feature is the label. Read the labels carefully so you will be guided in the consumption of the turmeric capsule. Check out as well the manufacturing date and the expiration date. This will save you from possible problems in the future. Look the labels on the product and see if they have USP verified logo on it. Read and be attentive to the recommended dosage for each user, to prevent overdosage. Check out the qualified health claim, cautions, supplement facts, serving size, and nutrition profile. As soon as you have understood everything, you will gain confidence in buying the right turmeric capsule for you.
- Manufacturer- The next feature that you must look out is the manufacturer so you can have someone to ask for help when you have questions regarding the turmeric product that you have. If it’s possible, choose products from USA manufacturer so you’ll know it’s safe to use. Check the manufacturer on the internet and see if they are FDA approved. With this, you’ll be assured that the product you are using is effective and efficient.
- Recommended prescription- Follow prescriptions from your doctors. If you have allergies on ginger, turmeric products might not be good for you. Always remember that when you’re experiencing a special medical case, it is advisable to consult a doctor before taking up supplements. Turmeric capsules can help you deal with inflammation and allergies, but it does not automatically solve all problems you have in your body.
These are some of the features to look out for in buying turmeric capsules. When you are in doubt, never hesitate to ask help from an expert. Our health is important thus we must give our 100% attention on matters such as buying good supplements.
In sum, you can take turmeric in various of ways. For instance, you can add it on your face mask or scrub if you want to enjoy the beauty benefits of it. You can add it to your food or favorite drink. Lastly, you can take turmeric capsules for medicinal properties.
Turmeric has lots of benefits to us. It releases our stress and anxiety after a whole day of work. It aids in healing our allergies and other illnesses such as colds, asthma, and even cardiovascular diseases. It makes our skin fit and glowing, and help us lose some weight too. Above all, turmeric restores bodily functions and processes.
Indeed being healthy takes a lot of effort, but all small deeds will ultimately lead us to success. If we are determined to be in good shape once again, then we can start from taking turmeric supplements!