Technically, the volleyball net serves as the dividing line between the two halves of the playing court. Typically, it’s meant for competition. However, given the sport’s increased popularity, many want to have their own court complete with the net. This is particularly true for those who have a large backyard to accommodate the size of the play area.
Having the best volleyball net can mean hours of play and fun for your family and friends. This is also a great opportunity to bond over a friendly game. Alternatively, it can also be used for training after school or after work. Regardless, a bit of volley is a great way to relieve stress at the end of the day.
As expected, the number of volleyball nets available in today’s market is many. Hence, finding the best volleyball net can be exhausting especially if you don’t have a clue what you ought to watch out for. So, we highlight the top volleyball nets sold to date to give you a better idea of what you can expect to find.
Mikasa VBN-2 Competition Volleyball Net
The Mikasa VBN-2 Competition Volleyball Net gives you the best reason to go out and play when the weather is good. Thus, the whole family can enjoy wholesome fun under the sun. That reason alone makes this volleyball net a worthwhile purchase.
The Mikasa VBN-2 Competition Volleyball Net is sturdy enough to withstand indoor and outdoor play owing to its polyester netting that’s fortified with aircraft steel cable. So, your strongest spike can’t damage it.
The product only comes with the net and the ropes you would use to hang it on the poles. Ideally, you would already have poles set up where you intend to place it. Regardless, it’s designed to fit most pole sizes whether at an indoor gym or at a community park. Moreover, the Mikasa VBN-2 Competition Volleyball Net is handy enough to bring along on outings to the beach for an impromptu game. The net measures 32 x 3 feet.
Gold Medal Pro Power 2 Volleyball Net
The Gold Medal Pro Power 2 Volleyball Net would likely bring out your competitive spirit once you have it set up and start playing. Its construction meets regulation standards for professional play but you can definitely use it for the backyard or the community recreation center as well.
However, it’s advisable to have your poles set in concrete if you plan to use the Gold Medal Pro Power 2 Volleyball Net at home since it’s heavier compared to others. Hence, you can expect this product to last a long time and provide many hours of fun and games.
The net size is 32 feet by 3 feet and 3 inches. It’s top and bottom are reinforced with steel cables measuring 40 foot in length with a thickness of 1/8 inch. The net itself is made of polyethylene that’s 2.5 millimeters thick. Its top and bottom are lined with heavy-duty vinyl weighing 18 ounces and measuring 2 inches.
Econo-Standard Volleyball Net
Despite its name, the Econo-Standard Volleyball Net can match any other net on the market to date when it comes to durability and construction. Indeed, your children and their friends can bounce the ball and pull the net repeatedly and they still won’t damage it.
The Econo-Standard Volleyball Net is made of 1.75 millimeter polyethylene twisted and knotted. It measures 32 x 3 feet. The top is reinforced with a 40 foot long thick polyester rope. The manufacturer recommends its use for Elementary physical education.
Champion Sports Official Olympic Volleyball Net
The Champion Sports Official Olympic Volleyball Net is intended for competitive sports. However, it’s also a good choice for backyard play. This is because its sturdy construction can stand up to the elements. So, rain and the wind aren’t going to bring it down.
The Champion Sports Official Olympic Volleyball Net is made of knotless nylon netting measuring 3 millimeters. Its manufacturer reassures it’s rip-resistant so it can take on any amount of abuse you can throw at it.
In contrast to other nets, the Champion Sports Official Olympic Volleyball Net features a white headband measuring 2.5 inches on the top and bottom. This provides added visibility. More importantly, it helps keep the shape of the net.
A 38 feet steel cable coated with vinyl at the top and bottom of the net strengthens the net. It also has side pockets with dowels. The net measures 32 feet x 3 1/8 feet.
Halex Volleyball Net
The Halex Volleyball Net is designed for all-weather conditions. So, feel free to set it up outside. You don’t even have to worry that the wind knocks it down or if winter comes. It’s even strong enough to use for a game of water volleyball in the pool.
This is due to its sturdy construction of 4 inch mesh. Its durable 30 ply net is bound with 2 inches of tarpaulin all around. It also has heavy duty steel top cables. The net size meets regulation standards at 32 feet by 3 feet and 3 inches. Its bright orange color makes it stand out from other volleyball nets in the market.
What To Look For
You’ll run into many options when you’re trying to find the best volleyball net. Chances are you might even consider buying the first one you run into thinking all nets are the same. However, in order to get the best one to meet your needs, it’s a good idea to check out if it meets all of these conditions. This guarantees you’re buying a quality volleyball net that’s worth your money and efforts.
- Size – Typically, many would opt for a regulation size volleyball net. Although, it’s a good idea to check if the net you’re interested in offers a few extra inches in height and length. This will ensure that your net won’t be too stretched when installed. Too much tension on the net can shorten its lifespan. Then again, if you plan to use it at home for smaller kids, you might consider a volleyball net that has a shorter height.
- Just the net or the whole system – If you plan to buy a volleyball net, then it’s likely you already have the necessary structures where you intend to set it up. Keep in mind that most nets don’t come with the poles when it’s sold. Hence, you have to make sure you have these all ready for easy installation. So, the choice of getting just the volleyball net versus acquiring the full system would also depend on where you plan to use it. If you intend to bring it to the park or a beach, where there’ll likely be poles to tie it to then you can opt to purchase just the net. Then again, some people seem to find clever ways to set up their volleyball net in their backyard.
- Weight – Volleyball is one of those sports you can play anywhere. However, having a volleyball net certainly levels up the excitement of the game. So, if you plan to bring the net with you on vacations then it’s best to consider weight as these can vary among different brands. For traveling, it would be a good idea to get one that’s lightweight but sturdy enough to take with you on the road.
- Material – Volleyball nets are typically made of synthetic fiber. This is because these types of materials are able to hold up against the high levels of stress a volleyball net receives during play. Moreover, it makes it durable for outdoor weather. The common materials you can choose from are polyester and nylon. The first costs less and is highly resistant to weather. However, it’s not as durable as Nylon although this is more expensive.
- Skill Level – Volleyball nets are made to suit specific skill levels. You can buy a net intended for competition. Otherwise, you can buy one for recreational purposes. Those meant for professional play would likely have added features such as an on-net scorekeeping system. Its material would likely be more durable to stand up to that level of play. Consequently, these factors would add to the cost of the volleyball net. Alternatively, if you only plan to use the volleyball net for exercise or family amusement, then you might consider one that’s intended for recreation.
- Accessories – Check if the volleyball net comes with a carrying case. This is ideal if you plan to take it with you on vacations. The carrying case ensures your net stays intact while you travel. The last thing you want to do is spend your holiday untangling your volleyball net.
Buying a volleyball net is always a good idea. Indeed, it’s a great way to introduce exercise to family and friends. At the same time, you get to have fun. However, the number of options for you to choose from can take away a bit of that fun.
So, before you make your purchase, check if the volleyball net you intend to buy measures up to these conditions namely, size, weight, and material. It’s also best to check the skill level of players. Do you need one meant for competition or will a recreational net be all right? At the same time, take into consideration your existing set up. This will dictate if you need to buy an entire system or if you only need the net.